mikesxpress

Blow out tide comparison. Summer 2017 vs yesterdays 2 PM low.

40+ NW gusts on Thursday afternoon resulted in 3' below normal low tide at 2 PM Hope Springs ramp. It's just as low as the summer picture with the exception of the ice caving in where the water was missing! Boats left in at the marinia were on the bottom and the bubblers got sucked into the mud.

One duck boat trailer in the parking lot and evidence they must have busted ice to get out. Must have been a long night for them. The tide never came back up for the next cycle.....

Last edited by mikesxpress; 01-05-2018 at 11:51 AM.

2. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    NICE, background shoreline and all. I just haven't had a good reason to go outside the last few days, and taking pictures of ice wouldn't crack my top 10 for sure. Bright spot - spring is only 75 days away and I will be able to awaken the Corvette.

3. mikesxpress
    Bruce it's not time for you to awake from your long winters nap....

Those duck hunters, are pushing there luck! No duck worth dying for. I heard 2 guys passed away today on James, while duck hunting. Too risky with this much ice and brutal cold. Crazy low tides for sure.

5. Member
    The Tim's River Shore camera was also a grim site. Lots of ground under the pilings.