Talon /Weight question for 201 Pro XL

I have a Stratos 201 Pro XL 2003 with a mercury 250 Verado on the back, with one 8ft Talon mounted
    My question is will the hull support the weight of another Talon and how much will it affect either the ride or performance of the boat.. I am just worried about the back end being overloaded weight wise and being to low in the water
    2003 Stratos 201 XL Pro
    2005 Mercury Verado 250
    Hds5, Hds9, Hds 9

2. Member
    I would think it would hold it . But i am not a pro on this subject ? I would call C & O Marine and ask one of there Tech's . Back then when your boat was built they ,was one of the largest Stratos Dealer then .

I have had two 8 ft Talons mounted on my 18'9" boat for over 3 years. My jack-plate and transom has no problems supporting a 150 HP motor and both Talons. I know your 250 Verado will weigh more but I see no reason why it will not support it. Your 2003 is a composite hull just like a new boat. There is tons of newer boats with 250 HP running two talons with no issues. As long as a older model boat has a composite build and it's structurally sound I see no reason why it would be an issue.

As for performance I did take hit in holeshot. I added a foil and got my holeshot back. Here is a link to a custom foil. Make sure you scroll through and look at all the pictures...http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....316&highlight=