Thread: eBay sellers?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

eBay sellers?

A bunch of people on here have brought to my attention that you can buy many reels cheaper on eBay than you can at say tackle warehouse, etc. my question is, how do you know they are legit? Some even say they are an authorized Daiwa retailer. And all items are brand new. Does anybody on here have experience with any eBay sellers or know of any that they would recommend? I'm all about saving money but also want to get a brand new reel that hasn't been tampered with etc.

2. Member
    I've bought a few BNIB reel from eBay. Search the reel you want, select Buy It Now sales, sort lowest price first, find the first top rated seller that has what you are looking for at the price you want to pay. If a top rated seller is higher than someone else check the cheaper seller out and make sure they sell a lot of product and have very positive reviews also view their other items for sale and see if they are outdoor related or cover a wide range of merchandise not related to fishing or hunting (steer toward the seller with outdoor goods). One of the last reels I bought was a BNIB Chronarch MGL for $204.95, it came just as if I were to have purchased it at BPS.

3. Member
    I have made 5 purchases 2 rods and 3 reels with no problems from 5 different sellers. You might check American legacy even thought I have not bought from them. I got 2 reels from Japan and some sellers also have a actual store they just sell on ebay.

4. Member
    Bought lots off eBay just make sure they have lots of positive feedback and you shouldn't have any problems
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Quote Originally Posted by NRX_fever View Post
    Bought lots off eBay just make sure they have lots of positive feedback and you shouldn't have any problems
    x2. If there ever was a problem you pay with paypal , 99% of the time they side with the buyer.

6. Member
    BEWARE off sellers who will ship in 10 days. They buy from Cabelas, Bass Pro, ect with a bad credit card and have the reel sent to you. Then when the Co. finds out it's a bad card they try to get you to pay for the reel.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    BEWARE off sellers who will ship in 10 days. They buy from Cabelas, Bass Pro, ect with a bad credit card and have the reel sent to you. Then when the Co. finds out it's a bad card they try to get you to pay for the reel.
    yep , when you read their feedback , look for "fast shipping". I won't order from anybody unless they have at least 99.5% good feedback.

I also search by "U.S. only" , that cuts out the over seas sellers.

8. Member
    +1

9. Banned
    Ebay sellers are legit, there are few non legit as they get discovered quickly......

It is irrelevant since anything you buy on ebay via paypal is guaranteed etc.

You can do a back charge via your credit card or paypal easily its 2018.

Same with me

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    Ebay sellers are legit, there are few non legit as they get discovered quickly......

It is irrelevant since anything you buy on ebay via paypal is guaranteed etc.

You can do a back charge via your credit card or paypal easily its 2018.
    ^^^^
    I've purchased alot off ebay. I just got a tatula sv for 103$ nib from american legacy with a coupon. If you get the app they give coupons and deals. Plus if you use paypal your protected by them and ebay

12. Member
    Okay so you guys would trust that a NIB reel from ebay is the same thing as the same reel from tackle warehouse/BPS, etc.?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAC29 View Post
    Okay so you guys would trust that a NIB reel from ebay is the same thing as the same reel from tackle warehouse/BPS, etc.?
    Yep.. I never had any problems like I said buy from a company or and individual with lots of good feedback and you will be fine
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

14. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Sportsman's Outfitters...Usually least expensive on new reels.
    Most all of my Lews are from them, unless they were out and I didn't want to wait.
    Also deals if you buy more than 1, especially if you call them.
    Shipping 3 day max depending on location.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Sportsman's Outfitters...Usually least expensive on new reels.
    Most all of my Lews are from them, unless they were out and I didn't want to wait.
    Also deals if you buy more than 1, especially if you call them.
    Shipping 3 day max depending on location.
    + 1 on Sportsman's Outfitters--several purchases from them--100% positive as far as I am concerned

16. Member
    I have purchased from sportsmans outfitters also very good and fast delivery
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury

Check feedback. No worries on Ebay.
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

18. Member
    It's just amazing to me how much less they sell new reels for.

Quote Originally Posted by CAC29 View Post
    It's just amazing to me how much less they sell new reels for.
    It's been like that for a long time. Where have you been , at bass pro shops ??

20. Member
    Even compared to Tackle Warehouse, etc. Still very low prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast