Thread: eBay sellers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CAC29 View Post
    Okay so you guys would trust that a NIB reel from ebay is the same thing as the same reel from tackle warehouse/BPS, etc.?
    Yep.

2. Member
    Like a lot of you, I have purchased many reels on Ebay with no problem. Just this week, I bought a Curado K and the seller had 400 feedbacks with a 99% positive. The negatives were all about buying items that ended up being out of stock and getting a refund. I just got a fedex notice and the reel is coming from BPS! The seller "shipped" within 48 hours of my order. I think this this "triangular"scheme is getting more and more sophisticated. Ultimately, I don't know how many buyers actually get caught up in the trouble but I just don't want to be involved in anything like this.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    BEWARE off sellers who will ship in 10 days. They buy from Cabelas, Bass Pro, ect with a bad credit card and have the reel sent to you. Then when the Co. finds out it's a bad card they try to get you to pay for the reel.

Happened recently last summer, Won an Ebay auction for Curado 70 for 105 bucks. Received the package from Cabelas. One month later, I received a letter from Cabelas for "Chargeback" for the reel that I got.

I realized that I was a victim of that credit card fraud as the seller bought/shipped from a stolen credit card. I had to fight against them long with eBay. I was able to prove and show them the transactions from the shipping by UPS. It was ongoing process which It took me 3 months to get it resolved.

Be aware -Both of them(Ebay/Paypal) didn't help during this process. After going back and forth, Finally, I requested to be in touch with the Cabelas's fraud team and was able to win the case. After that, I demand them to submit me a letter/email from them that it has been closed as proof. they did comply by submit me a letter/email as requested as I was pretty a "arse-hole" during the process.

It was a hassle. From now on, I will only buy from sellers who have over 1,000 feedback.
    Last edited by cbburke74; 01-15-2018 at 12:26 AM.

4. Member
    Check The Fish Ranger, he is on eBay, Facebook and his own webpage. He gets great deals on powells and other nice rods. Very quick shipping and a nice guy to deal with. I’ve bought a bunch of new reels from various ebay vendors, this is where I buy my reels
    from now, I save 20-30 per reel now!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbburke74 View Post

Be aware -Both of them(Ebay/Paypal) didn't help during this process. After going back and forth, Finally, I requested to be in touch with the Cabelas's fraud team and was able to win the case. After that, I demand them to submit me a letter/email from them that it has been closed as proof. they did comply by submit me a letter/email as requested as I was pretty a "arse-hole" during the process.

It was a hassle. From now on, I will only buy from sellers who have over 1,000 feedback.
    Paypal absolutely ignored me and just closed the case saying that I "authorized the transaction". If I had any doubts about how bad a company PP is, I have no doubts now.

Curious as to what Cabelas actually threatened you with? They don't have your cc number to charge and you are not the one who defrauded them. It was the ebay seller.

The guy I bought from got a negative feedback from me warning others and within 48 hours, he shut down that account and removed all his listings. He was an "Ebay Trusted Seller" - what a joke.

For instance when the people have 25,000 transactions with 99.9% perfect feedback , I'd say they are trusted.
    If they have lower than 50 to 100 transactions and they have lower than 100% feedback. Then it's a no go for me...
    Sorry to hear you guys got burned.

I've bought a ton of various items off Ebay without a hitch. I always pay through PayPal...in fact, I use PayPal for any transaction I do on line if it is offered as a method of payment. That way, I am never giving my card number directly to the seller. I have bought several Shimano reels on Ebay, some NIB and some slightly used. I've never been disappointed. I don't really understand how Cabelas or BPS could bill you for an item paid for through PayPal. They don't have your credit card numbers and the only "proof" they have is your shipping address. I would hate it for them to be ripped off by somebody, but I'd tell them to go pound sand...
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    I've bought a ton of various items off Ebay without a hitch. I always pay through PayPal...in fact, I use PayPal for any transaction I do on line if it is offered as a method of payment. That way, I am never giving my card number directly to the seller. I have bought several Shimano reels on Ebay, some NIB and some slightly used. I've never been disappointed. I don't really understand how Cabelas or BPS could bill you for an item paid for through PayPal. They don't have your credit card numbers and the only "proof" they have is your shipping address. I would hate it for them to be ripped off by somebody, but I'd tell them to go pound sand...
    I was thinking the same thing--how can Cabela's or BPS expect you to pay for it again? Sad that crap like this happens but I would be hard pressed to pay again for something I already paid for once

9. Member
    I'm just leary I guess. .. for another 10 or 12 bucks apiece I just bought from tackle trap with confidence that if something is wrong they'll take care of it.

10. Member
    i use ebay a lot for this and that but i will never buy a $2000 fish finder with warranty. thats a crock. want the warranty? buy retail on high dollar items

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbburke74 View Post
    Happened recently last summer, Won an Ebay auction for Curado 70 for 105 bucks. Received the package from Cabelas. One month later, I received a letter from Cabelas for "Chargeback" for the reel that I got.

I realized that I was a victim of that credit card fraud as the seller bought/shipped from a stolen credit card. I had to fight against them long with eBay. I was able to prove and show them the transactions from the shipping by UPS. It was ongoing process which It took me 3 months to get it resolved.

Wow! I've bought at least 50 reels on ebay over the years and all were legitimate and never had a problem. I only buy from people with 100% positive feedback and they need to have more than 100 transactions and had an account for more than a few years. Anything less than that and I won't buy from them. And don't rely on Ebay and Paypal do not stand behind their guarantee. I know too many people that have gotten screwed. Just be careful who you buy from and the odds are you will be fine.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12