Thread: Suffix Braid

Suffix Braid

What are your thoughts on the Suffix 832 Braid Superline, I am considering using it with a floro leader this year, would like to see opinion from someone not trying to sell the product.

2. Member
    Spinning? If so, it is all I use. It casts a mile. It like all braids vastly improves the ability to understand by feel what your lure / bait touches. It is quite. I was disappointed with early braids as they felt and sounded like dragging barb wire through the guides. It is way stronger than the rated test and I would go with a lighter # test than you might other wise use. It will sun fade but in my experience not degrade. Fairly resistant to wind knots.

I use 20# Sufix 832 Camo on my spinning setup for Crappie. Tie a fairly heavy swivel to the end, use #8# mono for a leader to the hook and weight. If I get hung up the 8# will snap, I retrieve and re-tie. Best setup I’ve tried so far.
    65# for Punching, and 50# for Frogging.
    No complaints with Sufix except it will fade eventually. I just spool it on to another reel and have a new spool of fresh colored line.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    Used 832 for a year and a half now. Handles Canadian smallies and walleyes like a champ. I’ve found that when I tie a fluoro leader to it I must run my Albright down and then back to keep it from just slipping through. I believe this is due to the decreased line diameter. Leaders take a bit longer to tie, but the knot is rock solid afterwards. I wouldn’t use any other braid for my spinning gear.

Great stuff, I have used them all! Either Suffix 832 or Power Pro Super Slick is my choice for casting and my spinning and Samurai braid for flippin in Florida.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

6. Member
    Have it on All of my jig rods and swim bait rods. Great line!!

7. Member
    Use it on spinning rods with fc leaders and have no complaints.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny