Need help - tilt frozen in top position

Guys, I am in a bad situation. Got a trip planned for tomorrow and my motor is stuck in the top position. Tilt won't lower. Need help quick.

2. Member
    I assume the tilt motor runs but the engine doesn't move? You are probably low on fluid and may have a leak. Adding fluid may get you by for a short time. Follow the instructions in this post in the how to repair section. It is easy and is the best way I have found to bleed and add fluid.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=32749

There is another post on how to replace the seals if you have a leak.

Be careful so you don't have a 500+ # engine slamming down on you!
    Last edited by Invader186S; 01-05-2018 at 08:40 AM.

3. Member
    Thank you, I will give it a try.

4. Member
    Do you hear a click when you press the trim button, and is it all the applicable trim switches or just one switch?

5. Member
    I got it moving again, thanks for the link to the instructions. I was afraid to hold the trim button down with it not moving thinking I might burn up the motor. I got the air out and the motor is moving again. Got to get through the weekend then it looks like a new sub assembly

6. Member
    Consider just replacing the seals in both cylinders if it does it again. A special tool is needed to get the caps off. It is a pretty easy job but sometimes the caps are very hard to remove.