Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post
    You can’t really think this?
    ...yea that makes no sense

2. Member
    Some of you are really going to flip over the next series. "Straw Hat Magic". Allows trolling and live bait. Stringers only. No photos please.

3. Member
    Some good largemouth fishing in the rivers- comparing the rivers to Herrington is hitting below the belt;).

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    Some good largemouth fishing in the rivers- comparing the rivers to Herrington is hitting below the belt;).
    I will admit that was a cheap shot. Ain't anything that bad!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    So pay $80 to launch at little herrington(Burnside) and burn two tanks of gas to get to decent water? Scratching my head on this one
    I personally wouldn't call it little Herrington. I could show you a bank almost within eyesight of burnside island that i can hit late at night & catch a limit of largemouth off of in the heat of summer on plastics while every boat going back to weighin passes right on by. Has very very rarely failed. May not be the winning limit & sometimes won't even get you payed when the lower end is on, but it's saved my *ss a lot in the last 20 or so years. Back when i tournament fished hard although i still fish a few i never had to go past mid lake, but i was also able to fish 3 to 4 nights a week then too. Cumberland is one you need to fish hard to really be able to stay on them to be consistent when it comes to winning especially when it gets tough. Me & 2 different buddys that i tournament fished with regularly back then have won as many as 8 in a row( first & big fish) during the dog days of summer & very rarely failed to place high too when we didn't win.Now i can't fish as often simply because i can't take it like that nowadays. It also doesn't fish the same as it did before it was pulled for dam repair either. If the water doesn't get really warm you don't have to run that far in summer , but when it's in the mid 80s at 35 or more feet instead of the 70s like it normally is you'd better run down a pretty good ways. Think 2/3. Better electronics have changed things a lot too & a lot more know how to use them. Oh & yes i absolutley 100% believe the huge amount of pleasure boats hurt it more then fishermen do any day.
    Last edited by Les Young; 01-06-2018 at 08:47 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willhamm97 View Post
    What's so bad about Burnside?
    It's just that when the lake is off some think they have to run plumb to the dam wide open throttle before stopping & then complaining about how much gas they burnt. Truth is it does require some pretty good runs in heat of summer & most go there. I cruise to use a lot less gas in summer & it ain't dark for quite a while after launching at 8:00 anyway, but i never go to the dam either. Usually no further then Harmon for me.
    I fish several of the summer night time Burnside tournaments & I'll fish yours if things work out right.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbird View Post
    You can’t really think this?
    Yes i absolutley believe the insane amount of boat traffic takes it's toll worse then fishermen do.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spec View Post
    How about the guys that want to fish the big events fish those events. The guys that want to fish the smaller events fish those events. Buddies fish buddy events and those that want to fish for the fun do that as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12