Thread: Euro tin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Euro tin

Bargain! LOL

2. Member
    At one time they were looking to set up a dealer in Moscow. I am not sure how that worked out.

3. Member
    There are a few brands sold in Russia. Certainly Tracker, Nitro, Ranger and I think Skeeter.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    There are a few brands sold in Russia. Certainly Tracker, Nitro, Ranger and I think Skeeter.
    I bet that could be expensive.

5. Member
    I don't even want to find out. LOL

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    I don't even want to find out. LOL
    I guess it would be safe to say no BBC in Russia? In the UK what is the #1 selling Aluminum Boat

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I am disappointed that the angler in the advertisement isn't equipped with the recommended helmet and safety glasses! About a 50-60% mark up over U.S. prices but ours don't include sales taxes, still quite a mark up. That looks like a business opportunity to manufacture a tin boat in the UK.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

8. Member
    24,395 for a 16' 20 HP tiller? Is that correct?

9. Member
    You can buy polarkraft utility boats and occasionally Lowe utilitys, but other than that Seastike http://www.seastrikeboats.co.uk/ are about the only domestic tin boat maker. The choice is better in Ireland and on the continent as they have waters where you can use better boats, but the UK is particularly poorly served for public access waters for boats. Scotland is slightly better, but it's a long drive from London, getting to Holland is easier.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    24,395 for a 16' 20 HP tiller? Is that correct?
    I doubt Lund would even put a package together with a 20hp in the States.

11. Member
    I doubt it would matter what was on it Tim. I feel for ya at those kinds of prices.

Are the Land Rovers less expensive since they are native? Our Disco Sport SE was about 35K with 6,000 miles on it. I think MSRP new was maybe 50K?

12. Member
    Just looked it up. From a car discount place a new diso sport SE with a 4 cylinder gas engine is £35k or around $47500. Pretty much everything is cheaper in America. The only glaring exception I've found is thermostatically controlled shower valves! Virtually unobtainable or very expensive in the States, but standard fitting here from £80 upwards! Absolutely no idea why, but it's the only thing I've ever noticed which works better our way!

13. Member
    Is it true carp fishing is big in Europe? Looks like most of the lakes would be cooler water.

14. Member
    Carp fishing is huge for some reason. Looks more like camping than fishing to me, but they seem to enjoy it.

15. Member
    Carp, Pike and Wels Catfish are all big time sportfish there. Common carp are native to Europe so they don't have the stigma attached to them there like here.
    Catching truly big carp is not always an easy thing to do.

16. Banned
    That's a cool post!

17. Banned
    That's a cool Post!

18. Member
    I think carp are native to the China/Japan area and were introduced by the Romans. They were kept in ponds as a food fish and later by monks in monasteries for food. They have spread into many river systems they haven't traditionally been present in over the last 50 years or so as anglers doing a bit of bucket biology and ponds stocked with carp near rivers having the river flood into them and the carp swimming out. Catching them isn't easy, but the sad part is that most of the time the anglers know pretty much exactly how many carp there are in a lake and name each individual, so they know exactly what they're fishing for. Loses all the mystery and fascination of hunting the unknown to me, but it seems to drive them on. They might spend two or three years camping out at one lake trying to catch "Fat Eric". Once they've caught him they would move on to catch some other known, but difficult fish on another lake. Weird, but there we are!

19. Member
    I have landed a few carp. When you catch and release i could care less what it is. The way i fish is what is on is always fun.

20. Member
    21% Value added tax is why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast