Image quality help

Hey guys I'm needing a little help on setting up side scan and real vision 3d. I just bought a phoenix 920 pro xp and it came with a es127 as the main at the console and another one on the bow. Side mounted at the console is an axiom with real vision 3d. Sorry I don't have any pics. Not having the new boat long I've had to send the es127 back for repairs so I'm just using the axiom for now. Im in Florida so I'm mainly in 20ft or less of water. On side scan I'm not getting hardly any detail at all. On real vision its showing like I'm on a ridge running out around 50ft or so then dropping of no matter what I scan. It also show like I'm in a slow turn even when I'm going strait. I've been running hummingbird and use side imaging alot so I know about changing settings for better image quality but can't seem to get these dialed in at all. Starting to think I may have a transduce issue. I will some pictures Saturday when I get time to hit the lake.

2. Member
    Send some pics when you can and let me know what your current settings are.

Also, where is the RV-100 mounted and are you having issues all the time or only when running at speed?

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Slow the scroll down to 60 and see how that works.

4. Member
    What range is SideVision? I’d it’s 50’, 3D will be 50’.

Also, 3D can be tied to GPS, so as you turn, it turns with you.

5. Member
    The RV 100 is mounted in the rod lock in front on the console. I have tried different settings. On my hummingbirds I usually stayed around 100ft on side imaging so that what I set the axiom for. I will get some pics this sat.

6. Member
    RV-100 is a transducer??? Can’t be mounted in a rod locker.

New boat or who did you buy it from?

give me a call to discus.

Thanks,
    Curt

Curt Nowaskie
    National Sales Manager, Retail
    Raymarine
    Mobile: 603-809-5046
    Curt.Nowaskie@raymarine.com

7. Member
    Sorry curt. I didn't say that right. Transducer is on transom and works great even on plane. The cp200 module is in the rod locker. Also have an thru hull also. Wife had a surprise birthday party for me this afternoon so I'm just getting finished up. The boat had a spiderwire wrap on it last year if that helps narrow it down. I'll be free most of the day tomorrow and if everything goes right I'm gonna hit the water around 2 for some practice for Saturday's tournament. Give me a call when you get time if you want 863-559-2809. Thank you very much.

8. Member
    Yes, I know who’s boat it was.

I’m in WI for a show. I’ll try and call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by talladega View Post
    Sorry curt. I didn't say that right. Transducer is on transom and works great even on plane. The cp200 module is in the rod locker. Also have an thru hull also. Wife had a surprise birthday party for me this afternoon so I'm just getting finished up. The boat had a spiderwire wrap on it last year if that helps narrow it down. I'll be free most of the day tomorrow and if everything goes right I'm gonna hit the water around 2 for some practice for Saturday's tournament. Give me a call when you get time if you want 863-559-2809. Thank you very much.

9. Member
    I just wanted to give an update to this post. I have everything working perfectly now. I'm pretty impressed after getting things dialed in. I would say I'm definitely a raymarine customer from now on. The customer service is excellent. I got a chance to meet an awesome guy. Curt took the extra time to make sure that I knew exactly what these graphs are capable of and that I fully understand how to set them up. Curt my hat is off to you sir thank you very much. With the live sonar logging and real vision I only thought I knew the area's I have been fishing. With a few quick scans I know exactly the contours and structure. Anyone reading this that is not using raymarine should really try them. You won't be disappointed.

10. Banned
    Well lets hear some tricks of the trade

11. Member
    Not any “tricks” to speak of...
    * update to all current software
    * drive around the South Chain
    * catch a few fish and have a great time

Actually one of the biggest hurdles is just using the units. Sounds easy, but if the units are new to you, just knowing where to start is the first step.

SideVision wasn’t quite right - updated software and problem solved.

Turned on Navionics Sonar Chart Live and explained that. Found some contour that’s not on any map.

I’ll get some sticky notes added that explain Sonar Live as well other hacks that come to mind.

One of the best parts of my job is that I get meet some really great people and do my best to help them understand Raymarine. Worked out great to meet up with Shawn we had a good afternoon.