Thread: Am I correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Am I correct?

I have been under the impression that most of the time a bravo prop has a great hole shot and good mid range and a little less upper end. A pro Max is a little slow on the hole shot and has a very good mid range and a little better top end. 2005 250xs and 1:62 gears.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

True for me. The ProMax is the best accelerating prop I have run, after the holeshot.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    You need to try a Signature Eagle 4 in a 26p or a28p ran great on my 2004 21XDC with a 2005 250XS with a sporty with 1:62's

4. Member
    What speed did you see bullet 250?

5. Member
    With a fishing load and I run 4 batteries 84 to 85

6. Member
    My favorite set up to date was a 2008 21xd with a 250xs 1.62's with a 25 pro max no pvs holes. Best hole shot, and mid and top end of any set up I've owned.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

7. Member
    On my Hull the promax is slow out of the hole. Comes alive around 40mph. Way faster topend then a bravo. With that being said a ProET will out holeshot and accelerate a promax. Topend is pretty much identical.

A signature 4 totally sucks on my rig. I’m running a 20xd. But from me and Canadabullets testing what’s fast on my rig is fast on his 21xdc/250

8. Member
    hyperflow, sorry to hear that on your rig, Signatures have always worked great for me, but as you know, you can set two or the same boats side by side, and the same prop won't run the same on both. sometimes it does, but not all the time, a Signature looks very similar to a Pro ET

9. Member
    I have a 28 promax that runs good up top. hole shot sucks compared to the 26 bravo I have. I'm thinking about having more holes drilled into the promax. The promax hole shot was not bad until added fishing gear. Also adding a foil and hole shot plate this spring. Ill see what happens
    Bass Cat Puma

10. Member
    If your Bravo won't top end then it needs to be worked!
    I loved the Bravo I lost when I broke a propshaft however I wouldn't take for my 2 ProMax's which I've spent more time on the water with!

My 23 I run with no holes open and it blows out's the hole with little to no breakover and it don't get no better than that.

The 26 Has 8 PVS holes with 6 open. It's a little slower in the hole loaded light and is much more noticeable with 2 or 3 peeps in the boat, but loaded light it flys!!

Both have more acceleration than anything I've run!
    It's ironic that between the 2, (with the same engine height), the 23 glues the boat to the water at speed where as the 26 feels a little loose.....Thinking this is because the bigger pitch has more stern lift??? One reason I say this is because when I slam the throttle at say 65-70, the nose drops and moves to the right. The 23 is not so niticable.
    JMO but when you find the right set-up a PM will be very hard to beat but keep in mind that the PM is a STIFF prop....about an inch in pitch!!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

11. Member
    Brad just buy two props and thin the debate is over kinda. I would suggest buying a good used one or trying to find someone around you that will allow you to run there's. Or you pay shipping and you can try my 27 bravo it's my favorite prop not for speed for for everything else. Gary the basspro service manager got one for his rdc with a 300xs said its the best prop he has ever run and he ran pro Max's before that.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

12. Member
    I have a 28p promax and a 29p bravo, 2 people full fuel the promax is about 2-3 MPH faster. The mid range on the promax is much faster. When you add water to the live well the holeshot becomes much worse than the bravo.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    Brad just buy two props and thin the debate is over kinda. I would suggest buying a good used one or trying to find someone around you that will allow you to run there's. Or you pay shipping and you can try my 27 bravo it's my favorite prop not for speed for for everything else. Gary the basspro service manager got one for his rdc with a 300xs said its the best prop he has ever run and he ran pro Max's before that.
    Thanks for the offer Kyle. I may have to do that if I can't figure me someone close to me that has one. I do think if I had a 300 I would have already had a bravo.

Thanks guys for such good info! Very helpful. Right now it doesn't matter much since this little break from global warming we are having. I am hoping to find something to try as soon as the weather breaks.

14. Member
    If I had a spare Signature, I'd send it to you to try, but only have one 26p, and it has a boobo in it but doesn't effect it too much for fishing

15. Member
    You can run your fastest speeds right now, got to bundle up and rock on.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    You can run your fastest speeds right now, got to bundle up and rock on.
    I agree but some of our local lakes have got a little something solid on top.

17. Member
    I went down to chick tuesday, 1st ramp I tried was froze up
    Come up here to cumberland I'll let you try this promax and bravo.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    I went down to chick tuesday, 1st ramp I tried was froze up
    Come up here to cumberland I'll let you try this promax and bravo.
    Well I have always wanted to fish both chic and Cumberland. The chic is just 2hrs 45 minutes drive from me!

19. Member
    I made it in 3h, drove right past dale wish I would have stopped chic was not good to me

Quote Originally Posted by SUSHII View Post
    My favorite set up to date was a 2008 21xd with a 250xs 1.62's with a 25 pro max no pvs holes. Best hole shot, and mid and top end of any set up I've owned.
    What was your max speed and rpm and prop to pad with that prop? I have this setup and going to get a promax.
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast