2001 Champion 196 SC Elite livewell open/close actuator broken

Hi guys!

I have a Flowrite open/close acuator that broke off the other day while closing my livewell. I see on their website you can purchase the actuator separate from the control cable that goes to the valve. I've noticed that my livewell has been draining while in the closed position before the actuator broke. Does anyone know which valve from Flowrite is used in my boat? Getting to the bilge in this boat requires removing the batts, oil tank and charger. I figured if I change the actuator and the valve still leaks that I might as well replace the valve and control cable while I'm in there. Thanks for any insight!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    It depends on which actuator you have. Is it just Open/Closed? If so it's the V1 valve. If there is another function, there will be a different valve. https://flow-rite.com/sites/all/file...log_valves.pdf

They also have a valve repair kit that has the flappers, O rings, actuator arm and screws (https://flow-rite.com/products/marine/valves/ma-060) This will fix any issue barring a cracked valve body or cap. It's what I've always used. Disassemble, clean out any trash, replace the flappers, O rings and arm (if needed). I also smear a little grease on the O rings.

3. Member
    Most likely, it's the V1. They are cheap, I'd just buy one. The plastic gets brittle with age, so better to be on the safe side... bilge diving sucks.
    Champion 206
    250XB

4. Member
    Thanks guys! yes I have the Open/Closed switch so I will get the V1 valve. What about the control cable? Is that a pain in the arse to replace and what about the length?

5. Member
    I just changed my valve, cable was ok.

6. Member
    Same here....I just changed the valve. Cable was easy to hook back up. It's the bilge diving that stinks, especially if you don't have long arms.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)