Trailer Advice Regarding Saltwater and Brackish Water

My four year old trailer is a RangerTrail trailer with their road armor coating. It is a channel steel trailer and NOT a hollow tube trailer. It has never been put in brackish or saltwater.

I have a freshwater ramp about 4 miles from my house when we are in Florida. We stay the winter down here. I have always mainly fished freshwater. Freshwater is all my trailer has ever seen. I am fishing some brackish water and saltwater with a buddy who has an aluminum trailer. I want to be able to fish this water more and would like to fish it with my boat. I have been told by some friends here that if I fish it and then go to my freshwater ramp and dunk my trailer a couple of times that I will be OK.....or that if the ramp is closed like it is at sunset that I could do a wand type spray carwash and be OK. I don't want to turn my trailer into rust.

I will be 70 soon and think the trailer might last me the rest of the time I fish down here.....but am not sure. I hate to buy a new aluminum trailer because I could not really get anything for my existing trailer. I am thinking about just using it until I have to buy a replacement......but I am not sure how long it might last or sure what to do.

What advice would you have?

Thanks.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

2. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    If you can't sell it and acquire an aluminum, I'd just use it! It'll last 2-5 years in brackish water, depending on usage, less in salt. Is what it is... It being a "channel" steel is a plus, but the salt will get it eventually..