best materials for making a silicone mold?

wanting to reproduce an arig (using epoxy) much like the Boss one that is discontinued. What's the best way/silicone to use to make a copy mold that I can easily make arigs that will release easy?

2. Member
    I don't know if it is best or not but we used cheap silicone and corn starch. Mixed them together until some consistence started to develop then put in a box form. Put the (oiled) head half way down, made some connection nubs and went away to let it cure. After cured repeated the process and made some holes with a pencil (eraser end) to match the nubs. Went away to let it cure. It is kind of ugly but works just fine. I oil it before use. I also use Bondo fiberglass resin instead of epoxy as it sets up in about an hour instead of several. The whole project cost less than $3. The corn starch cost more than the silicone.

If you want a higher quality product then you can spend $$$ and use high temp RTV silicone.

3. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 01-17-2018 at 04:04 PM.

I used the two part silicone you can buy from Hobby Lobby. I have also spent some more money on the RV Silicone. Honestly, the cheaper stuff from Hobby Lobby worked better. I was using it to make open pour molds.

5. Member