Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I’d love to go and meet a bunch of you guys and fish a new lake!! It’s just a mear 18+ hour drive from my casa. Would depend on the date and time off I could get.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

2. Member
    I'd say Phoenix oughtta start organizing one somewhere in the central region of the country. Norman isn't really situated for a big turnout and thus, true owner's tournament. I bet we will see a real tournament organized by the company sooner rather than later.

We've been saying that same thing for a few years now. And We've had a couple "centrally" located.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

4. Member
    should have in middle of country.....
    TrackerUser

5. Member
    Yea like Kentucky or Pickwick, not too far for anyone

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    Only a 2 week drive. Or 2 months if the person wants to fish their way across country.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    At this time Phoenix isn't on board with this but I do have a Dealer involved and the equipment to handle a large tournament. The Ramp will park 142 boats and the one across the street another 96. Yes this one will be an eastern tournament but its also central from North to South and there are more than enough Owners in the surrounding states to make up a huge tournament. I agree there should be central, a western and one Just for Texas, I hoping if we can pull off a successful tournament and get some sponsors on board that maybe in the near future Phoenix will want to get involved. Im working on a few connections but it will take some time. I plan on making this a very professional event but at the same time it all about a bunch of up getting together and having a good time.
    Also it has be mentioned that we may have to call the tournament by another name besides Phoenix Owners Tournament, Although Phoenix isn't backing this at this time I would prefer not to upset anyone, they are some good folks there, so maybe just a Eastern Divisional Bird Rally or something, maybe we can have 4 divisionals and Phoenix will jump and and have one big Championship.
    Just throwing stuff out there.
    for all of you that are interested in this one keep the post coming or PM me if you want to be involved or have good connections

Thanks
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by duncankopprichardson View Post
    Like I said, we've had one at Ky Lake and one at Lake Quachita.
    Jason

9. Member
    I would be in if can get off work. Wouldn’t be bad drive from OH.

Sucks that I bid vacation in November/December for whole following year....

10. Member
    tHANKS
    TrackerUser

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    At this time Phoenix isn't on board with this but I do have a Dealer involved and the equipment to handle a large tournament. The Ramp will park 142 boats and the one across the street another 96. Yes this one will be an eastern tournament but its also central from North to South and there are more than enough Owners in the surrounding states to make up a huge tournament. I agree there should be central, a western and one Just for Texas, I hoping if we can pull off a successful tournament and get some sponsors on board that maybe in the near future Phoenix will want to get involved. Im working on a few connections but it will take some time. I plan on making this a very professional event but at the same time it all about a bunch of up getting together and having a good time.
    Also it has be mentioned that we may have to call the tournament by another name besides Phoenix Owners Tournament, Although Phoenix isn't backing this at this time I would prefer not to upset anyone, they are some good folks there, so maybe just a Eastern Divisional Bird Rally or something, maybe we can have 4 divisionals and Phoenix will jump and and have one big Championship.
    Just throwing stuff out there.
    for all of you that are interested in this one keep the post coming or PM me if you want to be involved or have good connections

Thanks
    Does Phoenix ever say why they are so reluctant to do an owners tournament when all the other manufacturers do one?

We still have to remember that Phoenix is still a very young company and is still investing a lot back into its "brand". They've said they want to have one in the future, just don't know when the future is. Once they finally do one id say it'll be done right.
    Jason

I'm there.

Thanks Drew, I plan on going.

15. Member
    If I can get off from work count me in.
    Donnie Robinson
    Greenup06@yahoo.com

16. Member
    As long as I don't have to work I'm in

Dave Barker - Pittsburgh, PA

2016 Phoenix 921 Pro XP 2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    You get 50 boats signed up and paid I'll be boat 51.

I will tell you this has been tried in the past and everyone is on board until
    its time to fish. Then you end up with a hand full of boats showing up. I believe
    you won't see a good turn out unless you get the factory behind it.

The first one I went to was at Guntersville was supposed to be 2 day event
    first day maybe 12 boats second day 6 boats couple left before weigh in.
    Mark and Greg from Phoenix did show up and fished on Saturday.

The second one was at Kentucky Lake same thing a lot of interest until it was time
    to show up may have been 15 boats day one. a few dropped out for day 2.
    One thing I do remember the weather Sucked.
    Also if I recall correctly there was some type of issue using the term "Phoenix tournament"
    from someone at Phoenix. I tried to do a search but can't find the post about it.

I think there was one in hot springs Arkansas the following year don't know how that went.
    Anybody know how many boats showed up for that one?
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

With regard to Ky, the weather was absolutely awful and we probably shouldn't have fished it was so bad. There were quite a few that lived close that didn't come because it was dangerous out there that first day. Two or three speared waves.

But yea that is how it has gone in the past. It'll take time. Were starting to get a lot more boats around the country too which will help.
    Jason

19. Member
    Will it be a team event? Really don't care to travel that far by myself.

20. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 200 View Post
    Will it be a team event? Really don't care to travel that far by myself.
    this will be a Team Tournament 5 fish per boat and you may fish alone or with one partner.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast