Concealed carry class plus sales pitch

I took a concealed weapons class Saturday at an indoor shooting range here in Tallahassee. The class is required before applying for a concealed carry permit.

When the class started the instructor passed out a booklet that had been prepared by U. S. Law Shield, a legal expense insurance company. The instructor did a short sales pitch on why we needed such insurance. At the end of the class a salesman for U. S. Law Shield came in and did a further sales pitch.

I am a little unsure on how I feel about being required to sit through a sales pitch at a class I paid for. Any thoughts on that?
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Member
    I would not like it.

Should be done at end of class with an opportunity to leave.
    Most people won’t be willing to speak up in the moment and that’s taking advantage of the situation.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

4. Member
    While that practice is questionable at best, there are many other resources to consider if you are contemplating CCW permit holder insurance -
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-t...rry-insurance/

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    I would consider one one, one way or another. If you have to use your weapon your going to need a lawyer. Not sure I would want it at the end of the class, maybe a info and if you would like more info here is a guy to talk to you.

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Agreed. Not sure I would have been thrilled either.

7. Member
    I think the NRA now has this same form of insurance.

Got my CCDW class about 6 months ago. Our class was mostly about gun safety, which I think one can never get too much education on gun safety, plus we had to do a field target practice at the end of the class. It was pretty fun, took the class with a good friend. An enjoyable day.

My guess is the Insurance guy probably paid the instructor a little $ for his presentation.

8. Member
    Hhhhmmmmm. Two things that I despise. Lawyers and overzealous salesmen.