Thread: Storing jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Storing jigs

How do you store all your different jigs flipping,football,swim etc

2. Member
    Plano 3740 3700

I've tried it all over the years and I always come back to a regular 3700 box for my jigs. I've tried soft binders, jig specific boxes, tupperware, you name it. I always come back to the 3700 boxes. I specifically like this one because of the heavy duty latches and the waterproof seal. No water gets in. I really like to keep my jigs simple, so I use 1 box for flipping jigs, football jigs, and swim jigs. I put my flipping jigs in a few compartments, my football jigs in a few compartments, and my swim jigs in a few compartments. You'd be surprised how much you can stuff into this box. Ever since I decided to simplify my jig collection and put everything into one box, I feel I've become more organized and a better angler because my mind is not overwhelmed.

Hope this helps you out.

3. Member
    Plano box also. I have 1/4" dental rubber bands I slip over 2 fingers then run it over the weed guard and head onto the skirt. Makes the skirts much neater and easier to distinguish jigs.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

4. Member
    I use 3600 boxes. I use 4 for my jigs

I used to use Plano boxes for my jigs. But, now I separate them by type and store each type in a quart size ziplock. I lay then with the head facing the ends of the bags to keep the skirts laying flat. I put the heavier jigs on the bottom and work up to the lighter jigs on top.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    This exactly

Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    Plano 3740 3700

I've tried it all over the years and I always come back to a regular 3700 box for my jigs. I've tried soft binders, jig specific boxes, tupperware, you name it. I always come back to the 3700 boxes. I specifically like this one because of the heavy duty latches and the waterproof seal. No water gets in. I really like to keep my jigs simple, so I use 1 box for flipping jigs, football jigs, and swim jigs. I put my flipping jigs in a few compartments, my football jigs in a few compartments, and my swim jigs in a few compartments. You'd be surprised how much you can stuff into this box. Ever since I decided to simplify my jig collection and put everything into one box, I feel I've become more organized and a better angler because my mind is not overwhelmed.

Hope this helps you out.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

7. Member
    Empty peanut butter jars. I only use a few colors and styles of jigs.

8. Member
    Mostly on Cooks tackle bars under center storage compartment, I used 3m double sided tape. Heavier Football in 3700
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Which ever method you choose, remove any trailers if used, they will usually rot the hook off.

10. Member
    I store all my jigs in a 3600 series, the one with the large compartment on the right. I carry jig heads in multiple sizes and colors on the left and packs of my favorite skirts on the right. This allows me to carry multiple jigs in all colors and sizes I need and takes up very little space.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    Plano 3740 3700

Hope this helps you out.
    I do what he's describing here, but I use the Bass Mafia coffin boxes
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BHT View Post
    Mostly on Cooks tackle bars under center storage compartment, I used 3m double sided tape. Heavier Football in 3700

Now - that is a great idea ! I shall copy/resemble that concept when I get a boat.

13. Member
    Many years ago I bought a 8' strip of the plastic you join I think drywall or panelling together with. one side has many hole the other is flat used double sided 3m tape installed under the lids in my stratos. back before cooks same thing. probably $5.00 for a ton of bait holders.

14. Member
    Separate 3600 Plano boxes for different types (e.g. football, swim, flippin) except I will carry a 1 gallon freezer bag of 5/16oz GP finesse jigs at times.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    Plano box also. I have 1/4" dental rubber bands I slip over 2 fingers then run it over the weed guard and head onto the skirt. Makes the skirts much neater and easier to distinguish jigs.
    Like that tip!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

16. Member
    Bass mafia deep box. Each row is a different type jig sorted by color and size. All my jigs in one box and no rust.
    Go catch a fish,

Gary

2003 Ranger 521DVX
    2006 Yamaha 250

17. Member
    Bass Mafia deep coffin. You can put about 4 jigs in each slot. I glued down the dividers since living rubber jigs would pull them out when I removed the jig to use it. If you are a jig hoarder, might need a couple of them, but I get by with one that covers 95% of what I need and weighs a million pounds
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Member
    I use a Bass Pro worm bag. Put same color in each zip loc bag. all of my jigs are on one side of the bag. The other side I keep the trailers. Works better for me than the boxes. But no one of my friends have switched to this method. lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rips LEGEND View Post
    I like that! I've been using the same bands to hold treble hooks together on crankbaits, keeps the tangles down.

20. Member
    Yep! Me too!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast