225 SHO RPM's still low on 919-25 T1

Posted this elsewhere, just trying to troubleshoot...
    2017 225 SHO on a Phoenix 919, 50 hours on engine. 10" manual JP, PTP 2 5/16". Light load, me solo (150 lb), no anchors. Engine data cable with digital tach. VMax SHO 25 T1 prop. Could only get 5750 max rpm's in cool weather so I sent prop off to Mark Croxton for evaluation, B&B. Prop returned and I'm still low at 5850 max. How do I make sure my Hot foot throttle is maxing out? Could be driver but I feel I have mastered the chine walk.

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    what is your speed at 5850?
    how much trim?
    how is the hole shot
    Did Mark know you were looking for more RPMs?
    just trying to get a feel for what you got going on, sounds like your setup is good but you should be able to hit 6k with the T1-25

back the stop screw out on the hot foot and have someone press it down and watch the throttle on the engine and see it you can move it anymore by hand, it has its own stop and the screw in the hot foot should match up, dont leave it screwed out too far , dont want it putting extra force on the cable
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

50 deg F speed -73
    trim ?, no gauge...any higher and it gets too squirly with no increased RPM or speed
    hole shot great (CB Bailey plate)
    Told Mark I wanted 6000 RPM

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I dont see 6000 until Im at almost full trim, my trim is connected to the lowrance and goes from 0 to 110 and my best speed are at 95, thats 7/8 on the factory gauge but that is also when it gets loose but im just used to it.

Id like to have a CB plate, cant bring my self to drill holes in the SHO while under warranty.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    raise plate a bit. I know that sounds crazy but I run my boat runs best with JP all the way up on my 920 250 sho. both hull and motor loves to run high. I'd raise to 2" even and try. My jackplate setting has me at right around 2" even

6. Member
    but also best speed isn't always at highest rpm. when I'm running perfectly on pad at WOT I can play with trim and fluctuate 150rpm without changing speed. I'll loose .2-.3mph and be able to keep increasing rpm while speed remains the same. then bump trim down a tap at a time until I pick the speed back up.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgproudfew View Post
    raise plate a bit. I know that sounds crazy but I run my boat runs best with JP all the way up on my 920 250 sho. both hull and motor loves to run high. I'd raise to 2" even and try. My jackplate setting has me at right around 2" even
    I agree , when the water is flat i run at 2" also
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I dont see 6000 until Im at almost full trim, my trim is connected to the lowrance and goes from 0 to 110 and my best speed are at 95, thats 7/8 on the factory gauge but that is also when it gets loose but im just used to it.

Id like to have a CB plate, cant bring my self to drill holes in the SHO while under warranty.
    How can you connect it to the SHO motor??? I was told that it can't be done with an SHO to a depth finder. Yes I now have the 'Yamaha Cable', but it's been too cold to install it.

And what is a 'CB plate'? Oh ya, one of those planing plates attached to the anti-cavatation plate. Yes? I remember you stating that before.
    Last edited by Tom Edwards; 01-15-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: cause
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    I agree , when the water is flat i run at 2" also
    and maybe even a little less sometimes, but my better speeds are with a little chop.

10. Member
    Pull your cowel off the motor pull front cover off the motor there is a mark on the throttle body push hot to the floor and the mark should line up with mark on cable bracket