What are your predictions for 2018?

Mine are:

Year end target SPX 3200
    2 quarters of atleast 4% GDP
    oil stays between $55-$65 on average. High of $70
    XLE and IWM outperforms SPY and QQQ
    Amazon continues world domination plans
    AAPL is the tech laggard
    Autonomous driving tech goes mainstream. GOOGL will be big winner of driverless tech
    TSLA is a dud due to more competition from other electric cars
    More record low VIX
    2 pullbacks of 3% due to Geo Politics.
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    Only thing I feel somewhat confident in is that inflation may show up, long term bonds might get hurt and utility stocks and telecoms will drop while oil companies and MLPs may post some gains. But who knows��

3. Member
    I can’t say much about several of your points; but I couldn’t agree more about amazon........they’re certainly gonna keep hard charging with that global domination........no doubt.
    -
    And TSLA is certainly gonna have stiff competition. We researched heavily and test drove a Model S; still may end up buying, its incredible tech and makes sense for us...........but we’ve slowed our roll towards tesla a bit, definitely want to see what the other companies release first on the full electric front.
    -
    I think full autonomous driving still has a few years before it’s mainstream. Lotsa tech and regulatory hurdles still to climb...........but no doubt, if anyone can do it, Googles on it!

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    for fun but for real.

DIA Jan 19 280 calls @ 2.17 will add on pullbacks.

Somebody seams to think the Dow Jones goes to 30K
    Thanos was the hero

$1500 eth, $25,000 btc, $250 xrp, 30,000 djia, oil wells on both coasts at $80bbl

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Derek McCullough
    If XRP goes anywhere near 250 I will freak the F out! lol

7. Member
    Spx 3200? That's 14% and would be nice.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinSkinny View Post
    Spx 3200? That's 14% and would be nice.

closer to 20%.

Although I wonder what upper 3- 4% GDP would do to the market. Maybe I need to up the target
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    $1500 eth, $25,000 btc, $250 xrp, 30,000 djia, oil wells on both coasts at $80bbl
    If he is right on any of the first three I’m driving to his house to kiss him !! LoL

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    ETH 1500 is very do able, if BTC makes new highs over 20K it easily goes beyond 25K. If it breaks 20K I think it goes straight to 30K in a hurry. At 30, XRP would be more valuable than AAPL at 250 it would be the most valuable asset in human history. I would think Ripple would be selling their XRP holdings to raise cash to grow the company.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    If he is right on any of the first three I’m driving to his house to kiss him !! LoL
    everybody thought I was crazy buying BTC at $5600, XRP at $.20 and LTC at $57. now I have a ton of happy friends and a few that NOW they want in. I left one guy in mid october on a job and just showed him those 3 plus my ETH collection since I've been off work and he sunk $10k in today. we have another friend that sold a rental property in palm beach and put $250k on bitcoin cash in october at $400 something. he cashed it out in december at $3800 for a healthy profit and put every dime on btc. he started with btc back in 2013 tho so he is very well off.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

You guys are getting me excited..No homo

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    You guys are getting me excited..No homo
    get your Cherry chap stick Jerry T

14. Member
    you might get off the hook with XRP

15. Member
    If you think Ripple could ever get to $250 you need to learn a little about Market Capitalization. I'll save you some time though:

XRP will NEVER get to $250. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    If you think Ripple could ever get to $250 you need to learn a little about Market Capitalization. I'll save you some time though:

i bet you said that about bitcoin back in 2014 too. ripple isnt actually based on anything so what does it have to do with stock market type thinking?

17. Derek McCullough

I don't think it will ever get close either but it sure would be nice. I think it can hit 5, possibly 10 but thats about it. I bought a lot of it at an average of .20 and kicking myself for not just dumping it all when it was around 3.00

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    i bet you said that about bitcoin back in 2014 too. ripple isnt actually based on anything so what does it have to do with stock market type thinking?
    No, I didn't say that about Bitcoin because a $235 Billion market cap (Bitcoin currently) is realistic. A $9.67 TRILLION market cap (what ripple would be if it hit $250) is NOT. It would be worth more than the entire world's supply of gold. Keep holding out for $250 though......

No, I didn't say that about Bitcoin because a $235 Billion market cap (Bitcoin currently) is realistic. A $9.67 TRILLION market cap (what ripple would be if it hit $250) is NOT. It would be worth more than the entire world's supply of gold. Keep holding out for $250 though......
    Is that 9.67 trillion based on the circulating supply or the max supply? Shouldn't the market cap be based on the cirulating supply as that is what is available right now. Then as more and more coins become available, I can see the value of the individual coins will go down due to the increased supply.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Is that 9.67 trillion based on the circulating supply or the max supply? Shouldn't the market cap be based on the cirulating supply as that is what is available right now. Then as more and more coins become available, I can see the value of the individual coins will go down due to the increased supply.
    That is the circulating supply of 38 billion.... there is another >50 Billion XRP held by Ripple which they plan to release. Meaning you are correct. It would devalue the coins even further.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast