The barrel is ruined on my Super Black Eagle thanks to a faulty hevi-metal shell. Not Exactly sure what happened - my second shot during a volley failed to fire (I think) so I manually cycled the action and fired my third shot no problem. Loaded back up and my next shot was a squib-fire that sounded like a squeaky firework and the shot trickled out of the end of my barrel. We all laughed until I noticed the bulge in the center of my barrel

So I looked online today and apparently there was a recall on hevi-metal from a couple years ago and several people have had their guns ruined. I emailed Hevi-Shot as I was never notified of the recall, but I doubt they will help.

If anyone has or can find a replacement 28” barrel I would greatly appreciate it. I understand that the SBE2 barrel will fit if you also have the SBE2 forend, but I would only consider that as last resort as I already have an SBE2 and would like to keep the gun original.

No more Hevi-shot products for me. I’ve enjoyed the deadly shots over the years, but it cost me my favorite shotgun.