Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    I sent a SBE back to benelli per their direction a few months after purchase along with several shot patterns well low of intended target and they sent me a picture of how I needed to line up the beads and barrel to compensate for the drop after shooting it themselves getting the same results. I thought really I’m supposed to compensate the aim on a shotgun. They told me the only other thing they could do was bend the barrel, I traded the gun soon after.
    Dang, that's messed up! I have spoken to people having had horrible experiences with Benelli customer service and people having had great experiences with them. With Benelli it's luck of the draw I guess.

2. Member
    What choke do you use by chance? Ive had two friends do the same thing ( once on a benelli once on a beretta)- both were using a patternmaster. Just wondering if maybe the choke could make it worse with the little nubs.
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

3. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadsc View Post
    What choke do you use by chance? Ive had two friends do the same thing ( once on a benelli once on a beretta)- both were using a patternmaster. Just wondering if maybe the choke could make it worse with the little nubs.
    I was indeed using a Patternmaster (mid-range, non-ported) but the swell in the barrel was halfway down. Not sure if it could have made any difference or not.

4. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    I was putting my duck gear up this past weekend. I found that one of my Hevi Metal shells had opened and all the flax seed and pellets came out in box. I don't believe they are truly sealed against the weather (which I never noticed). I wonder if that causes squibs?

5. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    I was putting my duck gear up this past weekend. I found that one of my Hevi Metal shells had opened and all the flax seed and pellets came out in box. I don't believe they are truly sealed against the weather (which I never noticed). I wonder if that causes squibs?
    According to the website the initial problem was from the wrong wad that couldn't withstand sub-freezing temps and would crack

6. Member
    Only shell I shoot. Seen the recall called them told them how many boxes I had they sent me new shells. Never had one shell fail for me. I’ll still shoot them!!

7. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg382 View Post
    Only shell I shoot. Seen the recall called them told them how many boxes I had they sent me new shells. Never had one shell fail for me. I’ll still shoot them!!
    I haven't had any problems in reasonable temperatures, but sub-freezing is where my problems have occurred - under and around 20 degrees. I have 5 brand new replacement boxes for sale if anyone is interested (3" #2).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12