Thread: Jake plate

Jake plate

Hi I recently purchased a 06 Triton Tr20x it has Detwiler Hydraulic jack plate. I hit the trim switch up or down the pump runs but it will not move. I’ve read don’t check oil level while the the jack plate is raised. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    Plate needs to be all the way up to check the oil at least on mine it does.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Plate needs to be all the way up to check the oil at least on mine it does.
    how would you go about getting plate up? mine is sitting about half way and it does not go either way

4. Member
    I trimmed the motor to almost vertical put a wooden block under the skeg and trimmed it down real slow and let it pick the boat up a little then raised the jack plate to let the boat down and repeated until it was up enough to get oil in the pump. Filled it all I could ran the plate again to purge it and it started working. Had to do it twice but that solved the problem and I learned to check it ever month or two. Can you get to the yellow plug on the pump housing now? If you can you may be able to get more oil into it now but you still need to run it all the way up to refill it. You can put a jack under the motor and raise it that way too.

5. Member
    Have you greased the side tubes?