Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    It is disappointing that Skeeter doesn't have options available for boat owners and easily available part #'s to help Skeeter boat owners upgrade their boats. Between the dealers and skeeter factory there is disorganization. This is not rocket science. It is very frustrating and getting answers from them is like pulling teeth.
    i referenced the part numbers for you and told you they were available for ZX.. do you need someone to hold your hand? If one dealer doesn't want to accommodate, try another.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter1234 View Post
    i referenced the part numbers for you and told you they were available for ZX.. do you need someone to hold your hand? If one dealer doesn't want to accommodate, try another.
    My situation is more complicated as I don't have glove boxes to begin with. I finally called Skeeter and the tech I spoke with recommended against cutting holes to insert glove boxes. I found another suitable option to add some storage. And he did confirm that the 2018 ZX190 is the boat that was previously a 2017 TZX190, which doesn't come with glove boxes.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

3. Member
    My situation is more complicated as I don't have glove boxes to begin with. I finally called Skeeter and the tech I spoke with recommended against cutting holes to insert glove boxes. I found another suitable option to add some storage. And he did confirm that the 2018 ZX190 is the boat that was previously a 2017 TZX190, which doesn't come with glove boxes.
    I find it astonishing that its Skeeter's fault that you bought a 2013 TZX with no glove box and you are mad because 2018 parts might not fit??

I assume you wanted to put 2018 headlights on your 2001 model Ford also and called complaining to corporate that they wont fit and they should have incorporated future product fitment into the design?

These parts will fit MY14 and up ZX/FX excluding the '18 ZX190 and any TZX boats. They will not show available as warranty items for pre MY17. You can purchase the MY18 parts for your non current boat!

4. Member
    Talked to my dealer today and he said that cost was over $400 for the parts to do this conversion. As a side note, he also said that the deck step is over $200.

5. Member
    I would consult another dealer. The parts to convert cost dealer less that $150.

Same with the step... i donno why a dealer would mark something up 50% unless they just don't want to deal with it.

6. Member
    I would post the pictures (if I could) But I got mine from a dealer that understands customer service. I have a 2016 ZX that had the cheezy glove box cover and I simply asked him how to get this carpeted cover. He walked back to his shop and returned with the carpeted covers, and GAVE them to me. I had never purchased anything from his store up to that point and just met the man. You see, if a dealer has a single console FX or now a 2018 ZX, and a customer buying a new boat wants him add a second console, this cover needs to be removed for the second console to fit. Some customers want these extra parts back, but most dealers will have these take off parts on the shelf after they added a second console. So, some dealers want in your pocket for a part that he has already sold once (in the initial boat purchase) and some value a customer more! "Giving something away or good business"?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Court ZX250 View Post
    I would post the pictures (if I could) But I got mine from a dealer that understands customer service. I have a 2016 ZX that had the cheezy glove box cover and I simply asked him how to get this carpeted cover. He walked back to his shop and returned with the carpeted covers, and GAVE them to me. I had never purchased anything from his store up to that point and just met the man. You see, if a dealer has a single console FX or now a 2018 ZX, and a customer buying a new boat wants him add a second console, this cover needs to be removed for the second console to fit. Some customers want these extra parts back, but most dealers will have these take off parts on the shelf after they added a second console. So, some dealers want in your pocket for a part that he has already sold once (in the initial boat purchase) and some value a customer more! "Giving something away or good business"?
    Service at its finest!

8. Member
    My dealer did the exact same thing.

9. Member
    Hats off to the dealers in Texas. That's what customer service should be and I hope my dealer reads this.

10. Member
    Fun n Sun is my dealer and they have been great.

11. Member
    I find it astonishing that its Skeeter's fault that you bought a 2013 TZX with no glove box and you are mad because 2018 parts might not fit??

I assume you wanted to put 2018 headlights on your 2001 model Ford also and called complaining to corporate that they wont fit and they should have incorporated future product fitment into the design?

These parts will fit MY14 and up ZX/FX excluding the '18 ZX190 and any TZX boats. They will not show available as warranty items for pre MY17. You can purchase the MY18 parts for your non current boat!
    Yes you assume. And incorrectly. My previous SX190 had glove boxes. Many of the TZX190's and ZX190's also came with glove boxes. Skeeter does have glove boxes that will fit, but getting part #'s for glove boxes proved to be a challenge. but no big deal as the Skeeter tech I spoke with graciously helped steer me towards building a step with storage. Do I love my Skeeter, sure do. But, feel free to post another condescending response.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

12. Member
    Yes you assume. And incorrectly. My previous SX190 had glove boxes. Many of the TZX190's and ZX190's also came with glove boxes. Skeeter does have glove boxes that will fit, but getting part #'s for glove boxes proved to be a challenge. but no big deal as the Skeeter tech I spoke with graciously helped steer me towards building a step with storage. Do I love my Skeeter, sure do. But, feel free to post another condescending response.
    I'm proud of you for figuring it out bud!

My dealer ordered the parts. The piano hinge didn't come with it along with the latch piece that the slam lack clicks into. I saw someone else say they couldnt use the slam latch. Is this because the insert? Will it still close over the insert? Thanks

14. Member
    I received the parts and the slam latch catch didn’t come with it. I guess I should have ordered the mounting hardware also. (It’s been a pain rounding up the screws, bolts, washers and nylock nuts. Fastenal was the place for all of these.) I had to order the slam latch catch separately. $29 seemed kinda spendy. I’ll find the invoices and post the part numbers on here. I have a 16 zx190. It isn’t a perfect fit. I’ve been procrastinating on the install. Drilling into the boat is nerve racking. I’ll do it this week. Maybe.
    As far as the insert goes.... I think I’m going to remove mine altogether. It is going to interfere with the slam latch catch. I took the lid off of the plastic glove box and it seems like the carpeted lid will fit over the insert but it looks kind odd. I bought some rubber tubing and I think if I cut it down the middle I can slide it over the sharp ridge on the box so it acts as a protective bumper.

15. Member
    Im still wanting the cooler lid/middle seat from the FX for my 15' ZX250. I want to take off the cheap plastic lid and make it actually functional like the FX. Anyone know how I can pull that off? I need a dealer that will help order it, or has the necessary parts.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xElxConquistador View Post
    I received the parts and the slam latch catch didn’t come with it. I guess I should have ordered the mounting hardware also. (It’s been a pain rounding up the screws, bolts, washers and nylock nuts. Fastenal was the place for all of these.) I had to order the slam latch catch separately. $29 seemed kinda spendy. I’ll find the invoices and post the part numbers on here. I have a 16 zx190. It isn’t a perfect fit. I’ve been procrastinating on the install. Drilling into the boat is nerve racking. I’ll do it this week. Maybe.
    As far as the insert goes.... I think I’m going to remove mine altogether. It is going to interfere with the slam latch catch. I took the lid off of the plastic glove box and it seems like the carpeted lid will fit over the insert but it looks kind odd. I bought some rubber tubing and I think if I cut it down the middle I can slide it over the sharp ridge on the box so it acts as a protective bumper.
    check out ameriseal products

17. Member
    It may sit too tall but I’ll look into it. thank you!! How in the hell does one post pics on here?? LOL!

Use tiny pics

19. Member
    do you know the part number for the trim around the hole?

20. Member
    They want you to buy a new boat! It’s all about marketing
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast