Thread: Fit and finish

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I like turtles
    Chad Mitchell

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Fish View Post
    Time test has everything to do with how a boat was maintained and cared for throughout that time.
    Can I get an “amen”!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanson1114 View Post
    I looked at a z18, z19, and z21 at the boat show this weekend. Fit and finish were all decent, the glass was not as smooth as other brands, and components used seemed like they were a bit cheaper. That being said, I would not hesitate to buy one if it fit my requirements. In the end it is no Phoenix or Ranger, but they also don't carry the same price tag.
    true
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

4. Member
    I've owned Stratos, Skeeter FX20; my friends own Ranger, Triton, and Gambler; I recently looked at Phoenix; but just could not find anything that stood out that justified a higher price. I just purchased my 8th brand new Nitro, a 2018 Z20. Dealer rigging could have been better and knowing this from past purchases I elected to install my own electronics and PPs. I've been through every inch of the bilge and gunnels running wires and am very impressed with the finish throughout the inside the boat as well as the outside. I couldn't be happier with the over all fit and finish, performance, and most of all, the price.
    Not unlike other big price tag items, everyone wants to say or believe their decision was the best. Example; Don't but a Sony, Samsung is the way to go. Don't buy a ford, Chevy is so much better. Harley is the only way to go, the others suck. Every major brand of anything has turned out bad units on occasion but overall their products are good.
    Cheers,
    FXMike

5. Member
    I am a 3-time Nitro owner from 1997 to present and (knock on wood) I have not had a bad boat. I just ordered a new 2018 and even after looking at several other boats I came back to the brand that has been good to me. Plus, I have gotten to see the changes they have made along the way that lead me to believe that Nitro is listening to the people who fish their boats. My 97 was a good boat but its is night & day compared to the latest models where I think they stack up against anything on the water. I have fished on Ranger, Nitro, Skeeter, Triton, Stratos, Lund, and even a Cajun one of my friends has... I don't have any disparaging words about any of them. Moral of the story, you tend to stick with those brands that have been good to you, and you move on when they have not. If you're one of those who are "moving on" from your current brand and have never owned a Nitro, don't pass up a chance to take a look. I am not a hater of any brand of boat, I just love my Nitro's is all, especially how the newer ones handle rough water.
    Last edited by Wickedsmaht; 02-03-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plki View Post
    Just another Nitro hater fishing for attention.
    I have been checking them out too and have not seen what you claim you saw.
    yup just another troll... looked at a Z19 last weekend showroom and it was a love of beautiful ,colorful pieces combined into a sea of awesomeness!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234