Question Yamaha 2017 150 SHO Tilt Sender or Gauge?

Sometimes the needle gauge on my Yamaha SHO 150 is slow to respond. When I press the trim switch on my hand throttle the needle works fine sometimes, other times it doesn't move right away and then a little while later it responds. If I push the switch on the engine with my finger up and down it seems to respond fine.. Do you think it might be the gauge or the sender or is this late response normal. Thanks. I'm just wondering if any one else has had this problem.

2. Member
    You can reach underneath the steering cylinder at the front of the engine and manually activate the trim sender arm and watch the gage to see how it reacts. My guess is the adjustable clamp with the finger which contacts the sending unit could be loose, thus making it read intermittently. Hope this helps

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machine Concepts View Post
    You can reach underneath the steering cylinder at the front of the engine and manually activate the trim sender arm and watch the gauge to see how it reacts. My guess is the adjustable clamp with the finger which contacts the sending unit could be loose, thus making it read intermittently. Hope this helps
    Thank you! The weird part is I have done this and the needle jumps up and down every time. The clamp is tight, I tried to twist it and I have tightened the screw on the trim sender arm. It only acts up when I'm running and not all of the time. I'm afraid to bring it in because it probably won't do it. I guess it's not a big deal. If it doesn't move it eventually does! It's just weird that it acts like this and I just thought I would try here to see if anybody else may have had this! It's one of those things that would be hard to fix because it is so intermittent.

4. Member
    I've got a trim sending unit with a mind of its own...It worked early Spring then quit all Summer.........this Winter it started working.......sometimes. I've checked every connection both electrical and mechanical.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

5. Member
    ttt