Father in-laws 2001 V90 Fitch needs a EMM any suggestions?

Well looks like the father in-laws 2001 V90 Fitch needs a EMM any suggestions?

Happy New Year!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Scraps
    DFI Technologies is one source I think.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    marinecomputersupply.com
    ficht emmrepair.com

FICHT ECU & EMM Repair

http://www.cdielectronics.com/ficht/ Call 1.800.467.3371* CDI
    marinecomputersupply.com
    dfitechnologies.com
    http://fichtemmrepair.com/#home
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

5. Member
    Better to get a new and upgraded BRP built EMM than repair and band-aid an old OMC built unit.

Check with pennman. BBC member. Mike is a great guy too.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....684&highlight=

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Bad thing is Mike has been banned from the boards and this thread doesn't have his phone number listed.

Oh crap! Sorry. I didn't know that.

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    It is OK if anyone needs Mike's number for parts please IM me I'll be happy to provide it.

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Just remember it isn't plug and play. You'll have to have the software to perform an EMM recovery so you can install your injector numbers plugged into a new EMM. If you go with the repaired unit it is a plug and play as they will retain the numbers.

Just sent the big motor 90hp Fitch EMM to be fixed. The voltage reg. wasn't reg. 17.68 volts @ 1000 RPM's. I believe the EMM was just protecting item self by cutting injectors till the engine stalled because of the over voltage. Ran a 21 point test from CDI. It passed all 21 steps. But the overchange condition was always there once over 1000 RPM's. It ran way to good till it started cutting injectors. It would start right up and idle forever @ (14.38 volts idle) soon as the RPM's came up it would be in a over change state (17.63volts). It would plane right now like always. Run 15 seconds to 45 seconds then hear it lose cylinders till it came off plane. Turn the key off and back on. Wait for the fuel pump to pump up. Hit the starter idle around as much as you want to. Just don't put it on plane. Good fuel even hooked up another small tank and tried known fresh fuel. No change. Fuel pressure well within specs.

CDI is doing the work little pricey but offer 20hrs run time warranty. Others options are only offering 6 months. In this case this was the best coverage for this boat. When I get it back and installed I'll report back.

FYI: They (CDI) will run a test on your EMM and if it passes they will tell you what they found. If they don't do a rebuild on it cost is $100 for bench testing. But check everything first. The manuals and Evinrude software were very helpful.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Update: EMM is on it's 4 trip to CDI for the overcharge issue. Still not fixed.

Anybody what to buy a low hour 90 FICHT that overcharges!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
    Better to get a new and upgraded BRP built EMM than repair and band-aid an old OMC built unit.
    Been there. Sorry you had to learn the lesson as well.

No such thing as an upgraded version or I would have. BRP wants nothing to do with that FICHT system or they would have to own it. FICHT system should have never been released to the public. But that's what happens when you run out of money. POS

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

15. Member
    Just because one company can not fix it does not mean it can not be done-have you tired the other places Seahorse was kind enough to give you the details on? P/N 586724 is new BRP built EMM and is still available down here so would be so up there if you really want help to fix the problem or just complain about things that you know little about like the DI system back in the 2001 day.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    No such thing as an upgraded version or I would have. BRP wants nothing to do with that FICHT system or they would have to own it. FICHT system should have never been released to the public. But that's what happens when you run out of money. POS
    BRP built EMM is an upgraded version of the OMC EMM. I have bought 2 EMM's (different engines) from BRP thru my dealership after I had the same luck as you with your "repaired" unit. Both BRP's were perfect.....and still are. A computer taking a dump on a 17 year old engine is not really something to be pissed off about IMO, spending money on a half-ass rebuild is. It's 17 years old....and a computer.

17. Member
    I have a BRP built 586724J EMM off my 2000 225 that had an injector lean out on last year. It was 2-3 years old when the injector went bad. I replaced that motor with a new Etec. If that part number works for yours and you are interested, PM me. You either have to have the cable and software or bring it to a Evinrude dealer to put your injector numbers in. 1hr labor charge typically. I'll even give you a warranty on it...

18. Member
    Good deal right there from neverenuf.