Jack Plate for a Z18 with Merc 150 4S?

Jack Plate for a Merc 150 4S?

Wondering if it is worth purchasing an Atlas JP for my Nitro Z18? Any ideas on size? With two people 1/2 tank and tourney ready, I run around 56-57 mph. Will I get more top end speed. I have 24p prop...Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Could gain top end but 1 mph isn’t really worth the coin, I’d save it for fishing expenses or the next unit
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

A jackplate will usually help IMO. I dont know if a hydraulic one is worth it though. I think a Slidemaster manual plate would be a better choice.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Could gain top end but 1 mph isn’t really worth the coin, I’d save it for fishing expenses or the next unit
    I think he'll get more than 1 mph. I think a lot of guys are going upwards of 61 mph with this rig when properly set up. Also, when the boat is setup correctly, then it runs more efficiently at all planing speeds.

I doubt I would get a hydraulic plate though. I have a 6" manual plate on mine and I am perfectly happy with it. Took a few tries to get it were I wanted but now I don't mess with it at all. You might be running a bit to much prop though. If, even after using the plate to raise the motor, you can' achieve max RPMs you might want to consider a 23p.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lendog53 View Post
    Jack Plate for a Merc 150 4S?

Wondering if it is worth purchasing an Atlas JP for my Nitro Z18? Any ideas on size? With two people 1/2 tank and tourney ready, I run around 56-57 mph. Will I get more top end speed. I have 24p prop...Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    8 inch slidemaster and a 23p Tempest

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tas1498 View Post
    8 inch slidemaster and a 23p Tempest
    Good to hear! I am waiting on a new Z18 with a Merc 150 4s myself, which I did order with the 8" Slidemaster and a 23p Tempest prop (despite concerns from the BPS Sales people). I would have preferred a 6" or even a 4" setback since I just wanted the ability to adjust to find that sweet-spot and shallow water anchors but the 8" is all that was available.