New battery quesion

Need a new starting battery for my 2006 225HO, does anyone have any experience with the battery listed at the end of this post good or bad or other suggestions. Currently have an interstate 27M xhd that only lasted two years. I want a battery with similar specs as the interstate which is 1000 cranking amps and 800 cca. Thanks.

X2Power Premium AGM Dual Purpose (Starting/Cycling) Battery Group 27M Marine and Boat

2. Member
    i have read that agm batteries are not good with outboards unless they have an alternator?? i would look at the interstate 24 or 27m- xhd battery i use a 24 series and works very good
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

First off my motor and battery charger are both compatible with an AGM battery. For years I ran a wet cell battery. At one point in time I ran the Interstate 24 XHD. It has the same specs as the 27 XHD. In fact the 24XHD was what came in my boat in 1999 when the dealer rigged it. In 2001 (3 years of service) the Interstate was done. After that I switched to Superlex and had good sucess with them. I would run a 24 XHD Superlex for 4 years and at the end of the 4th year it was still doing okay. I would change it just because I did not want to try 5 years out of a battery. Then for some reason I bought two Superlex batteries that were horrible. When replacing my first bad 24 XHD Superlex I upgraded to a group 31 extra heavy duty. It also did not last long so I assumed Superlex quality went down so I switched brands.

I decided to make the switch to an AGM battery. My main reason is they are maintenance free. There is no fluid level to check. Where my cranking battery is located it is inconvenient to remove battery caps so hence the reason I went AGM. I have only been running a Deka AGM for almost 1 year. So far it has been flawless. Time will tell if its worth the extra money but so far so good. I have read several reports of people getting 5 years out of a AGM battery. Here is a link to what I have. It list the battery specs. FYI prices seem to vary a lot from place to place on this battery. If you "shop" around you can get if for $200. I could not get it delivered to my house for that price but I got a business to order me one and they had it delivered and let me buy it for that price. Here is the link... http://www.tristatebattery.com/8a31d...ry-p-1356.html

X2 is awesome. Fit the group 31 if you can, the bigger the better.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    This is a monster of a battery and is only about $100.00...

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...1p30/2100010-P

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    First off my motor and battery charger are both compatible with an AGM battery. For years I ran a wet cell battery. At one point in time I ran the Interstate 24 XHD. It has the same specs as the 27 XHD. In fact the 24XHD was what came in my boat in 1999 when the dealer rigged it. In 2001 (3 years of service) the Interstate was done. After that I switched to Superlex and had good sucess with them. I would run a 24 XHD Superlex for 4 years and at the end of the 4th year it was still doing okay. I would change it just because I did not want to try 5 years out of a battery. Then for some reason I bought two Superlex batteries that were horrible. When replacing my first bad 24 XHD Superlex I upgraded to a group 31 extra heavy duty. It also did not last long so I assumed Superlex quality went down so I switched brands.

I decided to make the switch to an AGM battery. My main reason is they are maintenance free. There is no fluid level to check. Where my cranking battery is located it is inconvenient to remove battery caps so hence the reason I went AGM. I have only been running a Deka AGM for almost 1 year. So far it has been flawless. Time will tell if its worth the extra money but so far so good. I have read several reports of people getting 5 years out of a AGM battery. Here is a link to what I have. It list the battery specs. FYI prices seem to vary a lot from place to place on this battery. If you "shop" around you can get if for $200. I could not get it delivered to my house for that price but I got a business to order me one and they had it delivered and let me buy it for that price. Here is the link... http://www.tristatebattery.com/8a31d...ry-p-1356.html

so the etec is charging this battery fine? was afraid to try a agm with my ficht but it should be the same as your etec??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    so the etec is charging this battery fine? was afraid to try a agm with my ficht but it should be the same as your etec??
    No problems at all. When I plug in my on board charger the bank that's hooked to my cranking battery typically kicks off in 5-20 minutes pending how much I ran my big motor and accessories that day. As for the Ficht and E-TECH charging system being the same or different I have no idea.