Lay Lake Lodging

Guys,

Going to be coming down mid February for a couple of weekends to fish Lay Lake. Any good recommendations for a hotel that has amenities for fishermen.

4-H camp.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. Is there anywhere else that would be safe and boat friendly to stay at as well?

4. Member
    Not a lot of options on the water. There is a Holiday Inn Express in Sylacauga. You will be about 12 miles to the water if you put in at Cedar Creek.

My club had a 2 day on Lay back in October. I called the Holiday Inn Exp about boat parking. The lot is little and there are NO charger plug-ins outside. We also looked at a Hampton Inn in Calera. It had everything but was a decent distance from boats ramps. The 4-H camp has good parking. It is safe and has hook ups. The down side is no food close by. There is a bait/tackle/gas station near Beeswax ramp that sells good breakfast sandwiches.

OBTW, You have to go to Tin Top BBQ while down there. It is in Columbiana. Go Hungry!!!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    We stay at the Shoneys Inn in Clanton they have adequate parking the Shoneys Restaurant is in the parking lot so eating place not so much issue on down side its about 20 miles from Beeswax but good road between the two they also give fisherman rates and have place to plug battery charger Hope this helps

7. Member
    We made a reservation at Quality Inn in Sylacauga is that a bad choice? Just worried thief's.

8. Member
    It depends on what part you want to fish. Childersburg has several motels with the Key West Inn in sight of the 280 bridge. Two launch ramps available within two miles. Get a ground floor room and run an extension cord out the window for battery charging. Restraunts and gas nearby. Google maps can be your friend.

Clanton area and put in at the damn, or Childersburg, as mentioned. Opposite sides of the lake/river. There's a motel or two in Columbianna as well, which puts you closer to a couple of good launches and about the middle of the lake. Lot's of tournaments on the weekends on Lay, so keep that in mind.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

10. Member
    We made a reservation at Quality Inn in Sylacauga is that a bad choice? Just worried about thief. We are planning on putting in at cedar creek and fishing around there. Yeah I am fishing the Alabama Bass Trail the next weekend so I'm sure the lake will be busy.

11. Member
    Take everything out of the boat and put it in the room. That's pretty much my rule everywhere.