Ultrex will not Power on

I have installed my Ultrex and the power button does not come on. I have verified I have 24vdc to the incoming cables. Does it have to be in deployed position to come on? Or have I possiblly forgot a connection?

2. Member
    The prop will not spin when it is in the stowed position, but you should see a blue light (I think) when you hit the power switch on the foot pedal.

3. Member
    It should come on with it stowed, but will not turn the prop without it being deployed. Are you using a plug? On my Bass Cat, the factory wired the power cables to the 12v leg of the female side. I wired my Ultrex to the 24v leg on the male. I had to switch my wiring to the 12v leg on the male.

4. Member
    Found it they had a bad connection on their leads

5. Member
    Good deal! You will really enjoy the Ultrex!

6. Member
    My Ultrex 80 has always run like a champ until the other day. Ran back to dock in very heavy rain. Noticed the blue power button was not lit up.

Basscat Cougar with 4-prong power plug to the TM

I've verified I have 26V going to the wires right at the control board. Removed the switch and verified no resistance(good). Checked the power across the switch and only getting ~9V??

Replaced the control board(new) and same deal. Only ~9V across the switch?

Man I could really use some help on this.

Thx/Mike

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwittt View Post
    My Ultrex 80 has always run like a champ until the other day. Ran back to dock in very heavy rain. Noticed the blue power button was not lit up.

Basscat Cougar with 4-prong power plug to the TM

I've verified I have 26V going to the wires right at the control board. Removed the switch and verified no resistance(good). Checked the power across the switch and only getting ~9V??

Replaced the control board(new) and same deal. Only ~9V across the switch?

Man I could really use some help on this.

Thx/Mike
    You have a bad switch. The switch breaks the circuit to turn the power on.

8. Member
    Sorry but the switch is good. Zero resistance when opened.

I jumped the two wires as well....nada

9. Member
    Think of it this way Off is on and on is off. Zero resistance when the switch is open means the switch is shorted. You should read infinite resistance when it is open. When it is close it it will read zero resistance. So the way this works is you break the circuit to turn the toll motor on. If the switch is reading Zero no matter what position the switch is in then the switch is bad. You proved that by replacing the board.