Thread: shadow

shadow

Any shadow boat owners out there???
    Rex Allen

2. Member
    One here
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

3. Member
    I got one !

4. Member
    Yea, the group is growing!
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

5. Member
    What is the ideal set back with a hydro jack plate....Is 16inches too much???
    Rex Allen

6. Member
    Most that I've heard of that were running good #s, were running 12s. I would think that 16" would be at least a little too much. A lot would depend on weight of hull and motor separately. You are dramatically changing the lift characteristics and fulcrum point as you move back. GL

7. Member
    Reason being It has a 10 inch on it and I have a 6 inch hydro with a 225 pro max...wasn't wanting to have to buy another plate
    Rex Allen

8. Member
    You can try anything but I would probably stick with the 10" for performance unless the convenience of the hydro was paramount then just the 6" hydro. I don't think the 16" combo will work well. JMHO