Thread: console

console

Going to take out my passenger console.Is their any thing I can use to dissolve the glue . So I don/t damage the gel coat. Ranger 519

2. Member
    It's not glue, it's epoxy. There WILL be gelcoat damage that will need repairing or covering.

After removal

Final finish
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    Now that we know what the'glue' is. Nothing I know of will desolve epoxy. Best bet to create least damage is a versi-tool or similar oscillating cutting tool. Slow and careful will get you there with least damage.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

4. Member
    man thats the most damage i have seen on a ranger ripping one of the consoles out. looks beautiful all fixed up though. I wish someone would do a removable console conversion. I wouldnt think it would be all that hard, and would definitely be worth it for your passenger in the winter. My wife wont go if its at all cold out because of the wind.

5. Member
    Funny thing is, it popped off real easy. Easy enough that I thought I lucked out with no damage.
    Removed the screws, and used some UHMW wedges I had made.

After all is said and done, I love the single console. Well worth it IMO, opened the boat right up.
    I was originally going to attempt to make the pass console removable but I liked the single so much I decided that it will never go back in and I sold the console.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC