Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Do you not have internet in VA?

just have always wondered why this forum is dead? I fish kerr and Sml and it would be awesome to have some reads. Some one chime in it has to be some reasoning behind this??

2. Member
    Some of the Potomac 11 guys use to post in here all the time. Once they left it kind of died. They should just consolidate the Potomac and the Virginia boards now.

We're here, but I agree there is not a whole lot of action on this Forum.

4. You tube@ Rix Fishing Fix
    Nope...... as in Nope not alot going on up here.
    TYG-(Trust Your Gut!!)

Sounds like ya'll should talk about your fishing around here. Facebook has unfortunately replaced quite a bit of the traffic that used to come through here.

Actually, no, I don't have the internet

4G baby!
    2008 Triton TR-196 / 200 HP Optimax

7. Member
    Internet sucks but I used to post a little. I have found that no general chit chat. Nobody chimes in unless they are looking for info. JMHO. I really enjoy having some where to read about some good fishing, bad fishing, and crazy crap going on in especially the VA. So I am here all the time. Others have tried to help it out and I have tried with them but still not much.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

8. Member
    Well, lets keep this going....lol I went to the Pamunkey last Saturday( Dec 23). It was really nice and warm but the wind about blew me off the water. Couldn't get a bite so decided to quit about 10 am. Tried one bank that wasn't so windy and ended up catching six in just a little while. Made my day since the Tuesday before that I went to the James and didn't get a bite all morning. Might be a while before I go again. Happy New Years Jinxbass and everyone else!
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

9. Member
    Same to you VA Phoenix. I am at Gaston now. I caught 2 dinks yesterday. Water is 41-43*. I went all the way to the dam from great creek on the pontoon boat. The puma is broke. T-stats sticking open. Got parts on the way.

Went to the James last week and only caught 1 but it was 2.5lb. so not so good for me either.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

10. Member
    man i was hopin you could tell me where they are on sml!! lol
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    I know very little on sml. The only couple places with any consistently is near the dam at the shoal and the last cove at the last creek before the dam.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

12. Member
    Anyone throwing these Z Man TRD worms? Aka the Ned Rig. Is it all the rage or the next new gimic?

13. Member
    It took 21 pounds to win the CATT trail yesterday at Smith. Someone is catching em.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyBlue View Post
    Anyone throwing these Z Man TRD worms? Aka the Ned Rig. Is it all the rage or the next new gimic?
    I have a hard time fishing them due to mainly fishing tidal rivers. To much current and to many hangups.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

15. Member
    I caught this on the Chick. on a Ned rig. I don’t like the Z Man heads, loose to many fish with them. Order some out of Minnesota that have Owner hooks and they do much better. Yes you do get hung up a lot, but that’s fishing. Give’m a try, you’ll be surprised on what you will catch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have caught several hundred bass with the Z-Man Shroomz heads. Got another brand's mushroom head with keeper jig that works well too.

The TRD worked very well on a drop-shot rig when I was at St. Clair in June.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Majority of my fishing is for smallies; James is my local water but make a few trips to the Susquehanna each year. Zman hula stickz has been my go-to for the past two yrs. I fish it on a ned head with wire guard made by Prescription Plastics, 1/16-1/8oz. NMBA is a sponsor here and makes a great ned head, along with ACT Lures, another sponsor. I also use these heads for my 2.5-2.75 tubes but with a 1/0 hook vs 1. The zman trd tubez and hogz are also great smallie plastics.

18. Member
    I tried the Ned rig on the Pasquatank and Perquimans rivers. I caught more fish with it but they did run smaller than what I usually catch. I fished an area with a red shad worm and caught a few nice fish then go back through that area with the ned. Plenty of small fish still there and ready to eat that little worm.

19. Member
    We went down to our trailer at Gaston this past weekend. To cold to go outside much less fish...
    Semper Fi

You got that right! LOL Not gonna get a boat in any time soon either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast