looking for anything 1984 392-V

New to the boards. and DUH...start out miss-typing the year in the thread header...Found a 1984 392-V w/ 200hp Mariner, tandem axle trailer with brakes for $450. Needless to say....LET THE RESTORATION BEGIN!
    The old guy that owned it passed away and his son wanted it out of his pasture. Has been sitting for 10 years+. I am in awe in how structurally sound these old Rangers are.. Transom is tight as the day it was made. In the process of going thru the engine and stripping it to the bones. LOTS of rusty parts...but in Arizona...not that big of an issue.

So...so does anyone have links to old literature? good pictures? My trolling motor bow plate was trash. Would love to know what all these wires were for.... factory wiring diagrams??

Just started surfing thru the forums....it gonna take a wile to sift thru all this info.

Thanks in advance for your patience...pics to follow....

Last edited by G2CN; 12-30-2017 at 08:52 PM.

2. Member

finally some pics of the 84 392v mods

So...I live in the desert. Have to shut down for 6 months out of the year due to the heat...and I dont have a garage. I do have an HOA I have to battle every so often.
    started by stripping everything down.
    built up the bow as an entire deck with hatches
    flipped the boat over, repaired a bunch of spider cracks and bruises, painted the bottom with Alexseal Yacht paint with a Harbor freight purple gun (love these cheapie guns)
    powder coated the trailer, all new brakes, lines, lights and hitch
    tried to metalflake the top with 70s large bass boat flake. without a paint booth....let's say it just didnt work well. sanded the entire top...again....
    painted the top with Alexseal metalflake...tiny stuff. could hardly tell there was flake in it. so I added some small flake in the first coat of clear....looks ok.
    rebuilt the carbs on the motor.....great compression....and it runs!!
    put on a jack plate....doing rub rail this weekend.
    then it's just put it all back together....get carpet and go fishing !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very cool, can't wait to see the finished pictures..

....... Nice