sangchris duck hunting off limits ?

Is the duck hunting off limits on sangchris similar to coffeen and newton ? On both those lakes you can fish in the duck hunting areas after 1:00 . I have only fished sangchris just a hand full of times and am not aware of where the off limits bouys are and if the 1 o'clock rule applies . I saw in another post that the lake is low and clear but the water temps were not given . Does any one know the water temp ? I am sure with the air temps the way they are that the water is on a downward trend even if the plant is running .

2. Member
    Not quite sure of the duck hunting regulations out there. I do know I have seen duck boats leaving the lake and I’ve seen fishing boats in hot arm. West arm launch is closed maybe that is for the duck hunters. Water temp had been 45 before plant kicked on. Not sure of temp as of now or if plant is running. Will be driving by tomorrow (Sunday) and will post to ya if I see it running. If it is running, water temps usually aren’t bad.
    2003 Bullet
    20xrd/300x

3. Member
    As of 4pm New Year’s Eve the plant is burning. More than likely all this week bringing hot arm temps up. Good luck.
    2003 Bullet
    20xrd/300x

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    The east and west arms are cabled off and are off limits to fishing till mid February. I don't remember the exact date.
    Sangchris Lake State Recreation Area
    9898 Cascade Rd, Rochester, IL 62563
    Send directions to phone
    (217) 498-9208

Dale Sinclair original