Do I need to prime my oil system? '15 115 etec

I am going to use my boat in cold weather this winter and just drained the xd50 out of the tank using a small hand pump so I could switch to the xd100. I took it down to about maybe a half inch left in the tank. I then filled with xd100. Do I need to prime it? The tank wasn't totally empty but was pretty close. I read the manual on how to do it but couldn't find a fitting in the oil line to disconnect or any clear lines to check for bubbles. I was just going to do the winterizing procedure at startup, which the manual implies does something similar? Any advice on this?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    No reason to have done this. You could have simply added the oil to the tank and kept on going, as long as your EMM is set for TC-W3 you are fine and no need to prime the system. You just pumped out some oil that could have stayed in the tank.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    No reason to have done this. You could have simply added the oil to the tank and kept on going, as long as your EMM is set for TC-W3 you are fine and no need to prime the system. You just pumped out some oil that could have stayed in the tank.
    I recently had it in for service and it was set to the 100 setting. The tank was full of 50 so had to drain it

As long as you didn't frain to the point that air entered the line then you should be ok with no air in the lines. However, since it's now set to XD100 and you still have 50 in it then yes I would run it through the winterization process to go through the 50 and make sure you get plenty of oil. If you did get air in the lines it often takes several winterization processes to purge the air out.
    Another consideration is to have the shop set it back to TCW3 so you don't have to worry and you will always get plenty of oil. On that setting i will allow for a bit more oil so tkat means your just using a bit more XD100 than technically needed but it does hurt anything and the cost is minimal.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.