Thread: 21TRX Question

21TRX Question

Thinking of pulling the trigger after the first of the year . What difference will I see from a FX 21 Skeeter to a Triton.

2. Member
    Cant say for the Skeeter. As for the Triton I love my boat it gives a very smooth dry ride handles very well and I have topped out at 77mph. Gets on plane quickly handles rough water well. I can lay across the front deck plenty of storage I have the removable 2nd console with is great easy to take on and off.
    I would like to have a fully padded front deck. and a little more lighting in compartments ( I am fixing that this year with blue waters)

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

3. Banned
    Owned and 21trx and been in several fx21's and the ride is between in the triton IMO. I like the center storage better and overall layout in the triton but like the day box in the Skeeter. Livewell size, actually everything about the livewell system in the triton is bigger and better. Skeeters porpoise coming off pad and I didn't like that at all, didnt like the seats or the console layouty. 21trx will by far outrun the skeeter and you can get whatever motor you want on the triton. If you want a smooth ride and don't care about speed so much the 22trx is the best riding boat on the market.

4. Member
    Coming off pad is a pain sometimes and can get to be a problem on windy days. Wife complains about slow cruse speed is wetter than other rigs she's fished out of. Speed is not my number one factor. Skeeter has a great fishing platform doesn't catch wind or sunfish. This will be my last boat I want it to be right.

5. Member
    I think the Triton is better all the way around. I’m not a Skeeter fan at all though.

6. Member
    Love my 20 trx patriot . Lots of room and a great ride ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    Coming off pad is a pain sometimes and can get to be a problem on windy days. Wife complains about slow cruse speed is wetter than other rigs she's fished out of. Speed is not my number one factor. Skeeter has a great fishing platform doesn't catch wind or sunfish. This will be my last boat I want it to be right.
    You'd be very happy with the the 22trx, best all around boat on the market. Better fishing platform, cruises dry at slow speed and rides so much better than anything else.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dantheman View Post
    What are you considering slow speeds the speed I like best is around 65 very dry ride smooth and I can take my hands off the wheel as the boat hasn't gotten all the way up on pad.

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS