Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ranger 621FS , you could find one for 70-90 grand .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Ranger 621FS , you could find one for 70-90 grand .
    Is the 621FS hull different from the 522D hull?

3. Member
    Given those choices go with the Skeeter FX21. However the Ranger Z522D doesn't belong on this list. It is a beast in a category all of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprogk View Post
    Is the 621FS hull different from the 522D hull?
    I think its different , but I like the layout of the FS better.

5. Member
    Lund Tyee, fully loaded and put some $$$ back in your pocket.

6. Member
    The Ranger 522D absolutely belongs on the list. Anyone looking for a big water boat with a bass boat style layout and an elevated front and rear deck(unlike a walleye boat) should look at this boat. There isn't a true bass boat made that will challenge it in rough water...none.

7. Member
    From what I recall, the 621FS is the same hull as the 522D. At least it was when it was launched. The difference is in the top cap.

I’d definately look at the basscats. I had my Caracal on st Clair somewhere north of 50 days this year and it performed well. Nice , dry ride that cuts waves well so you are not constantly jarring your spine. Another to potentially consider is the Lund 2075pro v bass. There are a couple of st Clair guys running those and they love them. Pretty good deal on one on the boats for sale page right now.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    From what I recall, the 621FS is the same hull as the 522D. At least it was when it was launched. The difference is in the top cap.
    The 621FS is 21'8"... the 522D is 22'7"!!! And an 1 1/2" wider. Like I said, no Jaguar, Phoenix or any other bass boat can run with it in rough water. I'm not talking about the 2-3' "rough" stuff guys talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsbylander View Post
    The 621FS is 21'8"... the 522D is 22'7"!!! And an 1 1/2" wider. Like I said, no Jaguar, Phoenix or any other bass boat can run with it in rough water. I'm not talking about the 2-3' "rough" stuff guys talk about.
    Yeah, the Jauguar couldn’t run with the Ranger because it would be passing it.
    Last edited by RazorCat; 12-30-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lape0019 View Post
    That was my understanding. Some bass guys used to use the 600 series Ranger's on Erie. So if the hull is the same should be good for the big waves lol.

I am very in-experienced in boating so safer is better. Lots of guys will argue that a skilled boater can make most boats handle rough water...well I'm not skilled and have been in rough salt water....its no fun.

Just not convinced on how the 522D will fish targeting largemouth in shallow cover....but I will prioritize the big water & smallmouth.

Some guys mentiond Lund which looks like great boats but I'm going to stick with fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Add Basscat Jaguar or any of the Yarcraft.

Basscat Lynx!!!!

Your not getting a Jag for 70K
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Yeah, the Jauguar couldn’t run with the Ranger because it would be passing it.
    Make sure you pick a nice calm day

14. Member
    One thing about the 522D is it’s massive. My garage is large and I can fit any bass boat plus my truck but not the 522d. In the end that eliminated it from my list

the lund is very appealing but I just don’t know even with its deep v how it’s overall ride would be compared to a glass 21’ bass boat

im in the same decision process as you. I also really was liking the skeeter but not having a removable console has eliminated it also from my list
    Nitro z21

You guys do understand the Jaguar is in a class of its own similar to the 522D. In the link below you will see a Cougar/Puma hull inside the mold for a Jaguar. The Cougar/Puma is Basscats standard 20’ footer with a 250 HP that is great in big water in its own right. You can put a 400 Verado on the Jag if you want to.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...-n-t29885.html

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    You guys do understand the Jaguar is in a class of its own similar to the 522D. In the link below you will see a Cougar/Puma hull inside the mold for a Jaguar. The Cougar/Puma is Basscats standard 20’ footer with a 250 HP that is great in big water in its own right. You can put a 400 Verado on the Jag if you want to.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...-n-t29885.html
    Thats a very cool picture! And I agree that both those boats are stand alone models. I don't believe a Ranger makes a true bass boat that could run with the Jag, but for real big water, Ranger was smart when it designed a hybrid bass boat/deep V. That boat is massive when compared to a 21'+ bass boat.

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Thats a very cool picture! And I agree that both those boats are stand alone models. I don't believe a Ranger makes a true bass boat that could run with the Jag, but for real big water, Ranger was smart when it designed a hybrid bass boat/deep V. That boat is massive when compared to a 21'+ bass boat.

I didn't realize the BC Jag is such a huge boat. I have seen a Z522D in person at a Michigan dealership. Its huge but awesome.
    522D is significantly wider than a BC Jag...how will the affect me on the big water.

Worth mentioning Speed doesn't mean anything to me as I'm not a tournament angler.

Do you guys think the BC Jag has less draft than 522D?

18. Member
    I’d imagine the jaguar would draft better but not that big a difference. My personal issue of the bass cats is their layout. Certain days I look at them and say that’s cool then other days I see them and think to myself what a weird storage layout that seems very limited. That even goes for the jaguar though storage seems endless. I also don’t care for the console designs. These are all awesome boats your considering and I’m in the same dilemma as you. Not brand loyal but sharing my thoughts. The legend V series I think should also be considered along with the nitro z21 the new models sure look great and have heard very positive reviews on their ride.
    Nitro z21

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprogk View Post
    I didn't realize the BC Jag is such a huge boat. I have seen a Z522D in person at a Michigan dealership. Its huge but awesome.
    FYI that's a 522D on the left

20. Member
    FYI that's a 522D on the left
    Yip next to a smaller ranger...I have seen that post some time ago.
    I just didn't realize that the BC jag was also a huge boat.

I watched a youtube vid earlier tonight..at the end the guy has a 522 parked next to 522D (both on trailers which he said was basically identical ) and that really puts the 522D hull into perspective.
    That 600 series hull is huge/deep.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast