Baits For Suspended Fish

Not sure if this topic has been discussed before but looking for advice on baits for suspended fish. I've heard spoons and lures like Silver Buddy's are good. Looking for suggestions such as weight, type, name of manufactures, etc.

Thanks!

2. Member
    I use the 7/8oz war eagle jigging spoon. It’s also hard to beat a plain old zoom fat Albert grub in smoke on a 1/4oz ball head for suspended fish.

3. Member
    Megabass Vision 110+1

I fish for suspended fish quite a bit and my #1 bait is the Vision 110+1. It's the same bait as the trusted Vision 110 except it dives deeper. I refuse to use any other jerkbait because this one is the king of the castle. A lot of times in the Winter I'll fish over 30ft water and call them up to 8-10ft of water. It's crazy what this jerkbait can do.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBass94 View Post
    Megabass Vision 110+1

I fish for suspended fish quite a bit and my #1 bait is the Vision 110+1. It's the same bait as the trusted Vision 110 except it dives deeper. I refuse to use any other jerkbait because this one is the king of the castle. A lot of times in the Winter I'll fish over 30ft water and call them up to 8-10ft of water. It's crazy what this jerkbait can do.
    They are likely already up in that 8-10' of water column anyways but yes they are a great bait. For me it's the Damiki rig on the end of their nose.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

5. Member
    For spots suspended around 20 to 25 ft deep, I like the pointer XD. It goes down to around 12'. In cold water, I pull, not jerk, and let sit 5 to 10 seconds.

6. Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I've just never fished for suspended fish before so I'm trying to decide how attack a new pattern. Kinda a mental hurdle right now.

Don't forget the float and fly. The colder the water the more effective it gets, plus it is so much fun to watch the bobber drop.
    Tight Lines,
    Andrew

Spybaiting is the latest technique for suspended fish. I've tried it, but haven't caught a bass on it yet. I'm not convinced that our bass suspend often, because we don't have a lot of quick water level changes in the lakes/reservoirs I fish. At least, that's what one California Pro told me...Skeet Reese. On the other hand, I've had multiple occasions where my topwater got smacked (by a SM) as soon as it hit the water. With the amount of Eagles we have hanging around our lakes, that doesn't seem like a smart place to be, but I've got to think they have been just under the surface, mostly in fairly deep water. Sunning themselves, I guess.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    I like the A-RIG