Thread: 2016 and up XRS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2016 and up XRS

im seriously considering buying a bullet XRS and getting out of my skeeter 300zx . just looking for some pros and cons or any advice on how good they fish ? ride ? speed etc... any input from you guys and gals would be deeply appreciated.

thanks in advance, steve.

2. Member
    I have a 21xdc with a 250 Pro XS. Boat is 21’10 in length and loaded down it’ll run 80 and haven’t messed with it much to get more speed. Mine gets good gas mileage being a light boat and I only run a 75# thrust trolling motor and it’s plenty of power. Lots and lots of storage!! Lots of front deck room and plenty of back as well. I’m 6’3 and I love the big space under the consoles! Fishing good in the wind (better than I expected) takes rough water good as well

3. Member
    I actually came out of a 07 zx250 around May this year now I'm in a 21xrd with 300xs and love it. It rides 1000 times better than my skeeter burns way less gas and in my opinion fishes just as good now I don't have the xrs and there even more fish friendly than mine. I was afraid of the narrower deck but it hasn't effected anything other than I stopped smacking the boat with my lures.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

4. Member
    2017 XRS / 2017 Mercury 300x absolutely the best boat I have every owned! I have had Triton, Champion, Pathfinder, Bay Stealth, Skeeter, Ranger, and fished out of a Legend for a year. The XRS is light, takes the rough stuff great, easy on the gas, has tons of storage, and I love the long front deck. Will run 82 - 85 mph depending on load and driver ability. The only drawback is no passenger console (if that matters) so the passenger has to be able to handle the wind and occasional bug to the grill. Don't get me wrong, I love the lack of a console on the passenger side for when I fish alone, but often have a passenger with me and have to watch them ride with their cheeks wrapped around the back of their head most of the time. I have rode on that side and I will admit it is not fun when traveling over 45 mph. Once the temp drops below 50 degrees, fishing partners start dropping like flies. Will be placing on the market after the first of the year to order a 2018 SDC with a passenger console. The SDC is the same boat with a passenger side console. You can't go wrong with the XRS, it does everything well! In closing: you can't go wrong with Bullet, once you have one you won't look back.

5. Member
    I have had Skeeter and Stratos bass boats...I now have 21xrs 300 Merc...by far best riding and handling boat I've owned. Was on the lake about a month ago with my fishin buddy in 2' chop....was going like 50mph and felt like we were flying over top of the water....none of us got wet or felt a wave...it was nuts. You really gotta see it to believe it. Some people are concerned about how much room there is on front deck. For me its plenty of space up there. I've seen some of the nitros and ranger deck spaces and it honestly seems to be overkill...haha...I can fish two guys on front deck of bullet no problems at all.

6. Member
    Everything stated above. Came from a 20xd and have been very impressed with the XRS.

7. Member
    i purchased a XRS with Mercury 300XS and really loved everything about it until I fished with a friend in his XRS with a Yamaha 250 SHO. I immediately sold my 300XS and purchased a Yamaha 250SHO and had it flashed to a 300 HP. Both are excellent motors and the choose ends up being more a personal preference and what you are looking for. The SHO is quicker out of the hole, whisper quiet and for me it is easier to drive. The SHO has a much better warranty. The Mercury 300XS will be 2-4 mph faster for the average fisherman. You will have gear heads that can squeeze more out of them but I run 85-89 with the 300XS and 84-87 with the SHO. The only negative I could see that might be an issue for some folks is the front deck is a little narrower on the XRS compared to the Skeeter.

The XRS will Drive better and handle rough water better at a much higher speed than the Skeeter. With the XRS you can get by with less trolling motor thrust and have longer trolling life. Several folks have mentioned better gas mileage in the XRS but it should also be easier on your tow vehicle’s brakes, transmission, fuel used, etc. also. Feel free to message me to discuss more.

8. Member
    I've never seen a XRS in person, but I LOVE my 21 RDC!!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Johnson View Post
    i purchased a XRS with Mercury 300XS and really loved everything about it until I fished with a friend in his XRS with a Yamaha 250 SHO. I immediately sold my 300XS and purchased a Yamaha 250SHO and had it flashed to a 300 HP. Both are excellent motors and the choose ends up being more a personal preference and what you are looking for. The SHO is quicker out of the hole, whisper quiet and for me it is easier to drive. The SHO has a much better warranty. The Mercury 300XS will be 2-4 mph faster for the average fisherman. You will have gear heads that can squeeze more out of them but I run 85-89 with the 300XS and 84-87 with the SHO. The only negative I could see that might be an issue for some folks is the front deck is a little narrower on the XRS compared

The XRS will Drive better and handle rough water better at a much higher speed than the Skeeter. With the XRS you can get by with less trolling motor thrust and have longer trolling life. Several folks have mentioned better gas mileage in the XRS but it should also be easier on your tow vehicle’s brakes, transmission, fuel used, etc. also. Feel free to message me to discuss more.
    The warranty is still good after you altered the ecu? If so that's great.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    I pretty much stick with a Merc. Just personal preference and I'm the motor head that would want the few extra MPH.and I run a 20XD w/300 xs now. Hoping a SST will fall somewhere between a 20 XD and the big 21-10 XD I'm being told the pad is a little quicker than the XRS pad.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

11. Member
    Sorry guys I responded on the wrong post.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

i am a Bullet owner, and i will say the skeeter will be a more solid boat for fishing in the wind. The bullet is so light , it just gets blown all over the lake anytime the wind gets up. Anyone who says otherwise, isnt telling you straight. If you get a MK Terrova with spot lock, you can solve the issue. Otherwise, iwould expect to constantly have to be on the TM when you are fishing in the wind. It will be a big pain in the ass to stay on a specific piece of structure.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    i am a Bullet owner, and i will say the skeeter will be a more solid boat for fishing in the wind. The bullet is so light , it just gets blown all over the lake anytime the wind gets up. Anyone who says otherwise, isnt telling you straight. If you get a MK Terrova with spot lock, you can solve the issue. Otherwise, iwould expect to constantly have to be on the TM when you are fishing in the wind. It will be a big pain in the ass to stay on a specific piece of structure.
    that's a massive exaggeration sure it might move with the wind more than a heavier hull but I have never been "blown all over the lake" I fished out of a 20 and 21 for 20 years , but then again I do know how to fish in the wind or current maybe skill is the key
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

14. Member
    As far as Bass Boats, I've owned a Tidecraft, a Skeeter, 4 HydraSports, 2 Stratos, a Charger and the Bullet I own now. IF I ever buy another it will be a Bullet!
    Nuff Said!!!!
    20XDC Bullet/Modified Merc 260
    295TF Charger/Merc 225X-Sold
    20' Contender Pickle Fork/Merc EFI Bridgeport-Sold
    18' Stratus with Sommerford Tunnel Vee Hull/2.4 EFI Merc High Perf-Sold
    Freedom 240DLX Toon/Merc 115
    10' Cougar Cub/Merc 25 on the Bottle
    18" Homebuilt Tunnel/.021 OS Max Outboard on 50% Nitro with a Pipe

15. Member
    Bullet only for me!!! BEST boat by far!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    that's a massive exaggeration sure it might move with the wind more than a heavier hull but I have never been "blown all over the lake" I fished out of a 20 and 21 for 20 years , but then again I do know how to fish in the wind or current maybe skill is the key
    Yeah, I’m gonna have to agree with this. My 21xd is a big boat and light, but it doesn’t blow all over the place. Wind affects it more than my old tank Stratos, but not a significant amount.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by QuickBullet View Post
    As far as Bass Boats, I've owned a Tidecraft, a Skeeter, 4 HydraSports, 2 Stratos, a Charger and the Bullet I own now. IF I ever buy another it will be a Bullet!
    Nuff Said!!!!
    1000% agree!!!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

18. Member
    From my experience yes the boat is effected more by wind but nut much but it takes less of a trolling motor to correct it I have a 21 footer and a 24v 80lb troller and it's more than enough.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    I had a heavier Stratos and wind still blew her around. The game changer for me for the wind issue was the power poles. Plus I just put on a ultex so excited about that. Wind is a pain in the butt with any boat I'm guessing.

I do have to say i am not a huge fan of fishing in heavy wind, however, i have owned a Bullet since 2007. So , i do have plenty of experience in this area. Power poles are not an option where i fish. Lake Hartwell, Murray, Greenwood etc. They are just too deep to work much. I have several friends with Rangers and Skeeters. I have seen first hand how much more solid they are when in the wind. Still wasnt enough to make me change from a Bullet. But it definitely still an issue.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast