Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    In addition to what is coming next is When is it coming?
    Miami Boat show is Feb
    Ft Lauderdale not until October
    Icast in July
    When would you expect major new product introductions?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I’d like to see a cross between Panoptix and 360.....

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

3. Member
    I'm hoping for 12" Echomap Plus.

4. Member
    A 12" would really be nice but dont see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieWess View Post
    I'm hoping for 12" Echomap Plus.
    I think this is highly doable. They would sell them as fast as they could make them Priced at 1299.00 for a 1203SV.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I think this is highly doable. They would sell them as fast as they could make them Priced at 1299.00 for a 1203SV.
    I know I'd purchase a few, especially if they offered them with no transducer for $150 less like they do with the 9", and 7" units.

7. Member
    I'd just like to see a press release. What's coming and when it will be available. A couple have posted some teasers that there is something and it will be noticeable but it is sure being held close. I haven't heard anything about any layoffs at R & D so everybody has to be working one something. If they are out of anything to do maybe they could get time to improve the screenshot function on the 7610
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-11-2018 at 12:03 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    If they are out of anything to do maybe they could get time to improve the screenshot function on the 7610
    If they are really bored, perhaps they could include the Echomaps 93sv in that improvement.

9. Banned
    that would be in a software update which is totally different than new products being developed

Ultimate fishing show in Detroit this weekend might reveal something new.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

11. Banned
    is there a time of year they make announcements? Like every April or is there no rhyme or reason?

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    My guess that the major announcements would at Icast or the a big major boat show.....or sometimes companies announce at the Bassmaster Classic...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    If they are really bored, perhaps they could include the Echomaps 93sv in that improvement.
    I don't understand what the holdup is. I've explained to them how to do it. On the touch screens, in the settings, have a place to turn on screenshots, where you want them stored, etc... all the questions that might come up. Then show a moveable green dot on screen to touch for a screenshot. Touch it once- bang-get the screenshot. The dot could turn red while it is saving and then back to green when it's ready for another. On the button units, again in the settings turn screenshots on and select which button you want to use. Pick one you don't figure on using much. On the HDSG1 it was the power button. Press the button-bang-get the screenshot. No questions. No making you press again when its done saying ok. What's that for? What if it's not ok. Nothing you can do. How about this? Throw up a message requiring confirmation if it encounters an error making the screenshot. If it just has to do something, make a friendly beep.

Oh well. I'll quit ranting. I've ranted so much about this they'll probably never do it out of spite. I guess you can tell. I really don't like this screenshot function. But on the positive side, that says a lot for them when that's your biggest gripe.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-11-2018 at 03:18 PM.

14. Member
    No making you press again when its done saying ok. What's that for? What if it's not ok.
    Darn near shot coffee on the keyboard!

Its not like you could erase it later, on shore, at your leisure on the big screen, sort of like I do now with all the screen shots that missed the mark with the current system!

I sometimes wonder if the engineers are like the scientist at Area 51 in the movie Independence Day.
    The scene where the scientist meets the President and says "As you can imagine, they don't let us outside very often".

15. Banned
    you don't have to hit ok..it will go away on its own

16. Member
    Yep. It just ties up the unit for another 5 seconds or so. Just another annoyance.

I'm just saying that when people from these companies, Garmin and others, cruise around looking at posts on these boards that a light bulb might go off in someone's head in the marketing department. Huh!! free advertising. Let's make the most of this. Let's make it easy and user-friendly. How about making it fun!!! for people to do screenshots and post them. The 7610 makes huge bmp files that if you want to post one on most boards, including this one, that you have to use some other software to convert them to smaller files before the board will accept them. Instead they are awkward to make, the extra notifications annoying, and it's time consuming to convert files. There have been plenty of times that I was fishing and my first thought was - this would make a good screenshot and then I thought - Nah, I'm really having fun right now. I am not going to spoil it.

So that is really the bottom line. If it's so annoying, none of us have to do screenshots, so just don't do them. Very often, that is how I handle it.

17. Banned
    use a hosting service. no need to upload to the site

18. Member
    Good thought, Until the hosting service goes down, or starts charging extravagant fee's.

19. Member
    The problem I have with hosting services is like how I do my Google share links. I post them sometimes instead of uploading. Troy's right. It's very handy in the short term. But I don't leave Google share open indefinitely. So later, if someone does a search, finds the post, and clicks the link....it's dead. In the short term though it's a good option.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123