Thread: Panoptix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeguyus View Post
    Been working with the da-ducer stick the rotating shaft. It is working out very well and on the da-ducer stick I add several other transducers for specific purposes...dependent on unit selected
    I have been putting it off because I have a lot going on but "we need to talk soon"...Happy New Year!

2. Banned
    I used an old transom-mount trolling motor that I gutted the motor and a couple other non essential parts on it, and then bolted the Panoptix to the skeg on the bottom.

When I want to zip somewhere else I just kick the whole thing up, and then lower it back down when using.

I can lower it in the water below everything else, then rotate the top by hand

3. Member
    sorry to ask a question here. I am new to this forum. I am thinking to buy a panoptix but I have little knowledge.

If I want to see both forward and down view at the same time by using panoptix, should I buy 2 different transducers?

I troll along the bank of the lake a lot when fishing. Also, I have 2 boats and i hope I can use the panoptix on 2 boats. I know there is a "portable version" (ice bundle package?) and I am interested in that. What is the best "portable" option (screen size, transducer) for me?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bassun; 01-01-2018 at 04:41 PM.

4. Banned
    A forward looking Panoptix will show forward and down at the same time, but its a couple feet ahead of straight down. So you could just have your 2D transducer for straight down if you want. It'll overlap slightly.

If youre trolling, you may get out of the range of a down-looking-only Panoptix

5. Member
    I used a PS31 for 2 years for trolling and jigging both. I had it mounted on a trolling motor shaft where I could operate it by hand. I could point it ahead when searching, I could pan around with it when stopped or going slow, and it showed bottom pretty much straight below me. It worked wonderfully and I would do it again. I used it with a 7610. It is a lot of money to have more than one of :)

6. Member
    Thank you both.

I would purchase a portable version because most of the time I fish on the back of the boat. I hope I can manually adjust the direction of the transducer. It seems 9 inches screen can fit into the Gamin bag (ice bundle).

Any transducer mount for the side of the boat recommended? Thank you.

7. Banned
    bassun, I just used a gutted clamp-on trolling motor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12