Anybody doing anything on Gibson County Lake?

Looking to come down soon maybe. Definitely in the spring, any tips for now or in the spring. When do they usually start spawning there. Also anyone fished Nelson Elam Lake near Franklin,TN?

2. Member
    anyone have any information?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sco-outdoorstr19 View Post
    Looking to come down soon maybe. Definitely in the spring, any tips for now or in the spring. When do they usually start spawning there. Also anyone fished Nelson Elam Lake near Franklin,TN?
    I live in Franklin, but I've never heard of Nelson Elam Lake. After looking for it on google maps, I see where it's at. There was a members only hunting and fishing club off of that road if I remember correctly, but that was years ago the last time I even heard anything about it. I wouldn't mind having something close to home to fish occasionally though. Franklin is a great place to live but its 45 min to an hour drive to fish anywhere with a boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sco-outdoorstr19 View Post
    anyone have any information?
    I live in Franklin. Nelson elam lake is private -- on the property of a multi-million dollar "compound." I saw the pic of the dude on Bassmaster.com who hauled out a 14-pounder and said the name of the lake, hence people's interest. there used to be a handful of ponds that consistently produced in the area but most have either cracked down (see: Jackson Lake) or gotten worse due to stunting (see: Westhaven).

5. Member
    I live about fifteen minutes from both priest and the hick so options are not a problem for me i was just curios about the lake, thanks for the info. Also looking for info on Gibson County Lake, i have been there once and caught a couple fish but was wanting to make a trip while they were spawning to catch some of the hawgs i have heard about coming out of the lake.

6. Member
    Gibson is still a good place to catch a real big fish, though it seems to be leveling off a bit from past years. Getting to have a lot of numbers of smaller fish in it now also. If I was looking for PB - once in a lifetime.. I'd get there in mid to late February after a week or so of milder temps.. Come on a weekday. Pressure shuts it down. It's a small lake and really is impacted by a lot of traffic. It will get it, even then, I assure you... reputation is now well known. Still we caught some pretty good fish there last year. Its been a couple of years since I have seen a 10 lbr there personally however. I live about 20 mins from there & I fish it maybe 6-10 times a year.

7. Member
    I met a guy out there when i was there last and he sent me some pictures of a few over ten ans one that was twelve that he had caught in the last couple weeks. He is a member of BBC as well. When we were there last it was August so it was hot and tough.

8. Member
    It wont be long before that state record comes out of Gibson County Lake, there are several in there that will break the current record. And with spring around the corner don't miss out on having the biggest advantage available with my custom Side Scan Mosiac Maps with contours available for Lowrance Users. If you don't want the mosiac, i also have contour only for lowrance and humminbird. Yes Navionics has a contour map that is getting there but it doesn't have near as much detail as the one i have available. I will post a couple of screenshots on what they look like. I also offer a google earth Kmz file that shows the same amount of detail as it does on the lowrance unit. You can view it at home on your personal computer, ipad or phone if you store file in a cloud or dropbox format. These maps show the all the ditches, creeks, submerged wood and well as bottom hardness. These maps will make a difference in your next fishing trip to Gibson County lake. You can contact me on here with private message or text or call 731-514-0444 and ask for Jason. I also have several other lakes available like Browns Creek Lake and Carroll County 1,000 Acre Recreational Lake located in Huntingdon Tn.

9. Member
    Heres the Navionics map for GCL. This is a great starting point, that gives you some good contours to start with, but you can certainly add detail easily through recording sonar logs or using SonarChart Live on your phone or tablet. I like to add to the SonarChart layer every time I go out anyways so I just keep adding detail as I fish.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    I’ll never forget watching some guy fish a spot I had just left and watch him catch a ten pounder. Snapped his rod in the process too! He had only been fishing for about 15 minutes. Impressive and disappointing at the same time!