Thread: buying ripple

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...siness+News%29

good news for XRP maybe something here for you guys holding on.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...siness+News%29

good news for XRP maybe something here for you guys holding on.
    Now we just need Coinbase to add it.

3. Member
    That's what they need, somebody to start using the coin to prove it's worth. Of course it could prove otherwise but that's the gamble.

4. Member
    And their numbers may be off. They say xrp is worth $13 and it's not even close

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    That got my attention as well, checked several sources to be sure. I'd like to see it get close to that, I got in at 2.95

No kidding if it jumped to $13 today I would be a slightly happy person.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    No kidding if it jumped to $13 today I would be a slightly happy person.
    just a little. My cost average right now is $0.84/xrp.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfishn View Post
    I got in at 2.95
    Ouch. I can't say anything really, l got in on LTC late so l'm even right now.

I was hoping it was going to drop some so I could throw some more money into it cheaply, but with the way it's dropping, I'm hoping there is a bottom somewhere.

10. Member
    Yea. I keep seeing people saying they are buying the dip. Those that bought yesterday lost even more. I'm waiting till I know it's at the bottom. Even if you buy after the bottom a little your still good. I know my stuff is starting to really bleed now so I'm riding it into the ditch or back up the mountain.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Bottom? What is the bottom and how do you know when price is at a bottom. Buying bottoms have left many investors and traders broke.

Bottoms are only known in the past. And the only guaranteed bottom is ZERO, unless your on margin, or borrowed money with a loan or credit card, then not even Zero is a bottom for you because you have to keep paying back the money plus interest.

There's an old saying in the trading world. " Don't keep throwing good money after bad " There's a difference in averaging down costs on a real company and averaging down costs on a speculative trade.

Now I am by no means saying any of these cryptos are going to zero. Although I believe many will. I don't know what these things will do one day to the next. At this point, up 1000% or down 100% wouldn't surprise me.

But what's important, is that I know what I don't know.
    Thanos was the hero

12. Member
    Exactly, bottoms are known in the past. Wait until you know it's bottomed out and catch it on the climb. If I buy at $800 on the fall trying to guess the bottom I will lose, if I buy at $800 on the climb I atleast have a better chance of it continuing the climb as long as it wasn't a huge drop below $800. Either way is a gamble.

13. Member
    Exactly, bottoms are known in the past. Wait until you know it's bottomed out and catch it on the climb. If I buy at $800 on the fall trying to guess the bottom I will lose, if I buy at $800 on the climb I atleast have a better chance of it continuing the climb as long as it wasn't a huge drop below $800. Either way is a gamble.
    The point is you can not know if it's "bottomed out." No one can. You can't look on a chart and see that it's hit a dip, and started going back up for a while and say "that was the bottom" time to buy, because it could immediately change directions and go down even further. For example, ether went down and then rallied $300 from $800 to $1100. MANY people looked back and said "that was the bottom" and bought. Guess what, it turned again and here we are.

Your $800 buy on the "climb" is just as likely to lose as the $800 buy going down. Keep doing it and you'll find out.

14. Member
    Ive been playing the short game today....745 bought sold 915 etc.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wbrown View Post
    The point is you can not know if it's "bottomed out." No one can. You can't look on a chart and see that it's hit a dip, and started going back up for a while and say "that was the bottom" time to buy, because it could immediately change directions and go down even further. For example, ether went down and then rallied $300 from $800 to $1100. MANY people looked back and said "that was the bottom" and bought. Guess what, it turned again and here we are.

Your $800 buy on the "climb" is just as likely to lose as the $800 buy going down. Keep doing it and you'll find out.
    I haven't done it yet because I know it's not done yet. I know your point though

16. Member
    I'm going to say we will have on slight dip after this good run up and that will start everything in the right direction. Let's see if I'm right.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567