Thread: buying ripple

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Derek McCullough
    Also, this was like buying lottery tickets for me, not a retirement plan. I have my long term investments safe and sound but this is kicking any stock I own in the teeth!

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    No I didn't sell it. I plan on holding for a year or so depending on if it keeps producing. And it is up 170% now by the way. And if you you take half out every time it doubles them that money is no longer in there to make money. You minimize your risk that way, but also minimize your profits.

Scared money don't make money.

ok, you confused me you said in the last week you made several grand on two coins alone. That would mean you sold them. IF you didnt sell them then you have not made anything yet.

Im very well of how the market works, I live off my investments... period.

Im curious about this because my 6-7% bonds keep getting called and I have too much liquid $ sitting but also dont want to buy in high to anything.

Reading this thread it sounds like youve got to buy this then transfer to that then buy this etc. That is more tom foolery than I want to deal with I think.

I think Im talking different numbers than you guys are dealing with possibly? I own pepsi co, berkshire, target, johnson and johnson, 3m etc etc.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    ok, you confused me you said in the last week you made several grand on two coins alone. That would mean you sold them. IF you didnt sell them then you have not made anything yet.

Im very well of how the market works, I live off my investments... period.

Im curious about this because my 6-7% bonds keep getting called and I have too much liquid $ sitting but also dont want to buy in high to anything.

Reading this thread it sounds like youve got to buy this then transfer to that then buy this etc. That is more tom foolery than I want to deal with I think.

I think Im talking different numbers than you guys are dealing with possibly? I own pepsi co, berkshire, target, johnson and johnson, 3m etc etc.
    Go back and read who wrote what. That was someone else who said they sold 2 coins.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    I sold all of one and half of the other. It was sold for BTC which was then transferred to Coinbase and then transferred to my bank account. Sure it takes a few minutes and a few transaction fees but the coin I sold half of I was up roughly 1000% since I purchased it....a month or so ago.

So 5000 to 50,000? 10k to 100k?

Those would be worth a few transactions, what kind of fees? Im trying to follow along here.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Go back and read who wrote what. That was someone else who said they sold 2 coins.
    I see you just said yours went up 130% last night. sorry.

6. Member
    So you sold it and are going to gamble it on something else now? Why not buy something quality and hold onto it for 20 years taking money off the top as it doubles each time etc?

Honest question here.. I dont play with penny stocks, I have a bit in the market though and live off my interest and income from it.

OK,

So I have $20,000.00 to invest for the long run.

What are my risk and return rates?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    OK,

Why are you asking me? Im here asking questions myself.....

Id suggest you interview some ed jones managers and choose one you like and get started.
    Last edited by Jeff from Iowa; 01-04-2018 at 09:23 AM.

8. Derek McCullough
    So 5000 to 50,000? 10k to 100k?

Those would be worth a few transactions, what kind of fees? Im trying to follow along here.
    Relatively small investments with huge gains. Put it this way, if your timing was right on a coin like XRP you could turn a grand into 10 in less than a month. I had a little more than that in it but this was all house money from BTC. I was ok with losing it all if it came to that. Very high risk with the chance of losing it or walking away with a pocket full of cash.

9. Derek McCullough
    You guys need to really study on this stuff other than asking here, I've been lucky since most of everything I am playing with came from my initial BTC purchase, otherwise I would not be playing with my savings in something so volatile.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    OK,

If you'd be ok with losing it all tomorrow, then sure, put it in crypto. Otherwise, stay away. There's your risk.

Reward could be thousands of percent per year.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

11. Member
    If I had 20K and wanted to gamble, id go full bit coin..alts coins you see us chatting about are for the dreamers. or guys that have been doing this and know how to make a few grand..and like helping the new guys that are really trying to understand the game and show their doing their homework..

12. Member
    I transferred a small amount of litecoin to binance so I could buy some xrp, binance shows the transfer was successful but I can’t buy with it. Anyone help me, thanks.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfishn View Post
    I transferred a small amount of litecoin to binance so I could buy some xrp, binance shows the transfer was successful but I can’t buy with it. Anyone help me, thanks.
    got to use BTC or ETH to get it

14. Member
    2 hrs ago BINANCE just shut the door to new users, till they upgrade, OMG money to be made..

15. Banned
    If I had put 5k on TRON a week ago, I would be sitting on 25k today. Those are the potential gains for big spenders.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpbass View Post
    u can sell lightcoin on binance and get there BNB coin and save on fees..thats what id do just so you don't lose any more in transfer fees

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    If I had put 5k on TRON a week ago, I would be sitting on 25k today. Those are the potential gains for big spenders.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kpbass View Post
    Ok, got it figured out. I have xrp now, what’s the easiest way to see your balance. Still trying to figure binance out, nothing like Coinbase. Thanks again.

19. Member
    go to funds top right

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtfishn View Post
    Ok, got it figured out. I have xrp now, what’s the easiest way to see your balance. Still trying to figure binance out, nothing like Coinbase. Thanks again.
    I print this page and write down my buy price in USD, helps me keep track of buy/ sells, than trying to figure out BIT price or ETH price

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast