start button not working

Looking for some help. I have a 2010 20xshp with a 250 pro xs. My start button on the touch pad stopped working on me, I had to get my engine serviced anyway and the mechanic looked through it and the only thing he can think of is the touch pad is bad. I bought a new one and it still doesn't work. All other buttons work on the touch pad except the start/stop. I can use the key to start it so I can still use the boat but I would like to have it set up the right way. If anyone had this happen to them or possibly know what it could be let me know. Thanks.

I have a push button too. How do you use the key to start the motor in case mine goes out. Im sorry to highjack the thread. I didnt know you could do that

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    All you have to do is turn the key. This circuit is only enabled if the push button has failed.

Ahh ok

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    Check the power plug on the Omni-Bus. It's mounted on the starboard wall of the bilge compartment. Look for a plug with red and black wire.