Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Not to hijack, but I have a Megaware Keelguard sitting in the garage waiting to get installed, I bought the shortest one they make because I want to put it under the wings. Are you guys starting yours under the wings like I plan to?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    The Majority of them start just below the wings, but there are a few who went over them
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Anyone got a pic of a Hambys install on a Phoenix? The wings are the only concern I would see as far as an install perspective

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman1282 View Post
    Not to hijack, but I have a Megaware Keelguard sitting in the garage waiting to get installed, I bought the shortest one they make because I want to put it under the wings. Are you guys starting yours under the wings like I plan to?
    Becareful with the "stick on" type.....i put a Keelshield on mine with it being just below the bottom wing and it came off within a few months....not saying that was the issue but it would be my first guess since its only a few inches above the resting water line.....

As for the heavy duty Hamby's i have seen pics of both on here with guys that covered the wings and other that did not.....of course its installed differently (i believe with epoxy) vs stick and peel like the others....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I have a Hamby on mine and have had zero issues. I wouldn't want to try and turn any sharper than I already can.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I have a Hamby on mine and have had zero issues. I wouldn't want to try and turn any sharper than I already can.
    yeah and throw me out Russ!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Banned
    Hambys is far superior to a keel shield or even keel guard, but if I had the choice I would go with the sprayed on line-x keel.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Hambys is far superior to a keel shield or even keel guard, but if I had the choice I would go with the sprayed on line-x keel.
    I called a few Line X dealers in my area and nobody does it around here....would love to go this route!!!
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    It’s because the hambys require more work to install they are stiffer and thicker I have one on my 721 with no problems

10. Member
    The stick on type will not come off unless you leave an air gap. Making sure you don't have a gap requires a lot of work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123