The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Definately Watching this Forum

A good call by Al in adding Falcon Boats to BBC. Thanks Al!

I'm really routing for Falcon & have a lot of questions as most on here do.
    Love the look, layout & prices, so definitely thinking hard on these.

I would like some real numbers with different motors.
    I'd like to see the 205 hit 75 mph consistently, solo with decent load.
    Would take 73 mph consistent in the 215.

I favor the SHO right now, even tho Pro XS has it by 1-2 mph on same boats.

Super excited and watching hard

2. Member
    Already done it. My 205 is running 75 gps with just me and a full load with a 250 HO G2 rude. I've been very pleased with the boat, motor, and especially the value! Go drive one and you'll know.

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I've read your previous posts. Didn't see where you got your rpms up. I will be driving one, but it's about 11° right now im Cinci, Oh

4. Member
    Rpm's are up to 5700 with cooler water temps. I'd like to find some more props to play with to get the extra 200-250 left. Yes, wait till you get warmer temps. 11 degrees would be a painful boat ride for sure!

5. Member
    Not many boats out there, but from some experience:
    205 75-78mph
    215 72-75mph
    and it would not surprise me to see either go faster.

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    Not many boats out there, but from some experience:
    205 75-78mph
    215 72-75mph
    and it would not surprise me to see either go faster.
    Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

7. Member
    1rudebee, looks like you're selling your 205? Are you replacing it with another falcon?

8. Member
    Yes, another 205/G2 combo. Just different colors. Really like this combo!

9. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    Rpm's are up to 5700 with cooler water temps. I'd like to find some more props to play with to get the extra 200-250 left.
    So I'm fairly certain you played with p2p & different props for your rpm's.
    What is the G2 rpm's limiter set at?
    Was wondering what your final setup is...p2p & prop? ...Also do you have a hyrdo JP on that boat?

10. Member
    I have a manual plate. I"ve raised it about 1.5'' from the original factory setting (which was already a little higher than flush on the plate) and am right at 3'' under pad now. I've only tried my 26 raker ho prop. In my area getting brp hubbed props is very difficult. I have had the prop B&B'd, but the speed gain was minimal. It really only helped the handling slightly. I believe the limiter is at 6000 rpm's, but have never scared it. I'd like to try a 25 and 26 tempest plus or a 4-blade fury or new RX4 brp prop. But, again, props with brp G2 hubs are scarce around here. So, I haven't dropped anymore funds to buy props yet. Not sure that I will because it's already running nicely.

11. Member
    Did you have it ordered with a manual or have the dealer install a manual?

12. Member
    The 8'' manual was standard so I took it. It's more of a pain to get it adjusted. But, once you have it where it needs to go, it really doesn't seem to matter. CRAZZZZZZY thing about the G2 is I forgot to trim it down to take off.........and it still got on plane!!! Seriously, it was at 100% trim and I floored it. Took a little longer, but got on plane. Looked down and realized I forgot to trim down before take off. That blew my mind!

13. Member
    Thats odd? An Atlas is standard option on all Falcon boats.

14. Member
    Unless that's changed recently (in the last couple months), that's incorrect. A 6'' manual plate was standard originally. However, right as mine was finished in May, they changed to an 8'' manual plate (even though the evinrude have an extra 2'' built in due to the motor brackets) on the 205 and 215. It still shows 6'' on the website as standard equipment. Hydraulic plates are about an extra 1K upgrade, plus gauge if you so choose. I will probably pay to have that upgraded on my next one. But, for people that don't care about squeaking every last mph out of the boat, it's not necessary. I've driven another 205 with a pro XS just like mine with a manual plate and it performed just fine too.

15. Member
    You are right. I was misinformed. Everybody around me has hydro plate and they all came that way though.

16. Member
    A hydraulic plate is necessary for lakes like Okeechobee.

17. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    I have a manual plate. I"ve raised it about 1.5'' from the original factory setting (which was already a little higher than flush on the plate) and am right at 3'' under pad now. I've only tried my 26 raker ho prop. In my area getting brp hubbed props is very difficult. I have had the prop B&B'd, but the speed gain was minimal. It really only helped the handling slightly. I believe the limiter is at 6000 rpm's, but have never scared it. I'd like to try a 25 and 26 tempest plus or a 4-blade fury or new RX4 brp prop. But, again, props with brp G2 hubs are scarce around here. So, I haven't dropped anymore funds to buy props yet. Not sure that I will because it's already running nicely.
    Really appreciate the detailed post. I can't wait to get in one and check it out. I don't know as much about the G2's as I'd like, besides they look crazy cool.
    I'm running a 250 SHO with hydro JP on a 21.6 boat now. Looking to downsize to a 20 something. I'm one of those guys you mentioned that wants to squeeze every bit of speed out of her as I can. So I'll be getting a hydro JP for ease of process, not to mention the other advantages they have.
    Thanks for your help!

18. Member
    As hogzilla mentioned above, big water lakes or grassy lakes make the hydro plate very nice too. Around our neck of the woods, table rock lake & lake of the ozarks get pretty rough in high winds or summer big boat traffic. So, it's nice to be able to lower the plate easily to get better bite in rough conditions. Also, in shallow water it's nice to have that added option to raise it. The 205 fishes really big for a 20'4'' boat! G2 is going to be similar speed wise to the SHO. But, the low & mid range torque and acceleration are going to be better in the G2. THe torque is crazy!!!!