Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It'd be smart if they brought back the 203.

2. Member
    Lea,
    Kelly from Charger boats personally told me the 223 is in line about a year after the 198 is released! IDK

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    It'd be smart if they brought back the 203.
    They tried in TN, based on so MANY posters' enthusiasm. 2008, I think. Major failure. I would love to see the classic Champs back! But...guys, we have to BUY, not just rave about the ones we like!!!

tks, tx! We shall see. Hoping the 198 is a success!!

I get it Lea. With that reasoning then why bring back the 223 then?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    I get it Lea. With that reasoning then why bring back the 223 then?

Only thing I can figure is to compete with the ranger 22’???

Chargers 595 and 797 already do that. Not that I'm complaining. More the merrier.

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    No idea, Matt. I don't see the 223 as a huge success, tho the 210 and 198 might be the ticket....

Hope so for the sake of the Champ fans and the Charger folks....

8. Member
    I have a buddy that has a 200 223 for sale, $15500... let me know if your interested and I can give you his contact info.

9. Member
    There is a trade off involved in nearly everything. There is less storage in a 223 than a 210 or 202. The ride is better in the narrower hulls, which comes into play on the big lakes. Not that you get a bad ride out of any Champ, just the opposite of course, but it’s better from the narrow hulls and of course the longer the hull the bigger the water you can take. It’s all personal preference. As you know, I’m running a 223, but I’d be perfectly happy in a 210. The market has shifted to wider boats in general, so I would also be a little surprised if a 223 were a big success for Charger unless they moved the fuel tank and redesigned the cap.

10. Member
    I would figure that Charger would just stretch their 210 into a 223 using the current 96" beam and probably the 198 would be a shorter version of the same beam size. Makes the most sense to me. Thanks folks for your thoughts and to the detail!

^ That's an idea.

12. Member

Hey man before you talk shit about my boat all over the net come see it person.

Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Hey Grout,
    I've seen that boat and I think it's a possible pos from the pics, rode hard and put up wet! To your last paragraph, this is what scares me about used. On the other hand if you find one for say $18-20K and put that same amount of money in it you would come out with half the cost of a new boat at $80-90K when Charger builds the new 223's. IDK
    Come see my boat in person before you say it’s a POS ass#<<+

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOE203 View Post
    Come see my boat in person before you say it’s a POS ass#<<+

You dont even know if he’s talking about the same boat fool and besides he has already said he didn’t care for a red boat.

If your boat isnt the red striped 22’er, then I have no clue what you’re talking about either.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-02-2018 at 10:13 AM.

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Watch the language, folks.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    I would figure that Charger would just stretch their 210 into a 223 using the current 96" beam and probably the 198 would be a shorter version of the same beam size. Makes the most sense to me. Thanks folks for your thoughts and to the detail!
    that is an idea, but it certainly would not be the same boat as a 223, not even similar really.

16. Member
    Bought my 223 brand new and have kept it updated all along which is more economical then buying new, yesterday I saw a Ranger for $98,900.00 shut the front door! I have had several Ranger owner's in my boat and at the end of the day they state " Now I know why Champion has it's reputation". If you can find one and are in it for the long haul I would recommend buying it if it is in decent shape.

17. Member
    Thank you, folks, I see both sides of the argument!

18. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Any idea what your decision will be? I'm sure some folks are curious, since it is not a common question..............

19. Member
    I will keep my 202 for now and continue to look for a primo 223 of the current era then decide once it has been found if it would be worth the jump. If that don't work out, I will check out the new Charger 223 if and when they make their debut. In looking at the posts most folks say don't go backwards and this does make the most sense! Thanks everyone.

20. Member
    I've got a 2000 223/ 225 opti thats in pretty dang good shape. New carpet, new upholstery, updated electronics and TM. Could be persuaded for the right amount

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast