Thread: Shapeshift

Banned

Shapeshift

Anybody use this website to exchange one crypto for another?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warcry View Post
    Anybody use this website to exchange one crypto for another?
    -
    I tried a week ago; followed instructions to the letter; checked, double-checked I was doing everything right. Still nothing. Hanging on ‘awaiting exchange’.
    -
    I emailed customer support; so we will see.
    -
    It was BTC to LTC; not a lot of money; thought I’d give it a shot. I should have just sat tight for when the fees were crazy low on my Blockchain wallet (yesterday) to send BTC to an exchange and swap it there. Lesson learned.
    -
    Shapeshift recently posted a YouTube video saying they’re crazy busy and be patient with customer service and don’t send 2 emails or you will get bumped to the back of the line. So I figure I’ll wait a while until after the holidays before I see about reaching out again.

3. Banned
    Hmm ok. I have some LTC I want to exchange for some other alt coins and saw that l could do that on Shapeshift. Seemed easy enough but waiting a week is scary.

4. Member
    Hmm ok. I have some LTC I want to exchange for some other alt coins and saw that l could do that on Shapeshift. Seemed easy enough but waiting a week is scary.
    -
    I realize the system is getting pounded; and things are probably just backed up; but still seems to be a bit long; when I had another transaction resolved in a few days.
    -
    Another thought is to send LTC to the exchange you want to buy altcoins at; and see if you can buy those altcoins with LTC at the particular exchange. If not; you could always buy BTC with LTC at the exchange to use towards your altcoins. Kind of a pain in the butt, roundabout way; but it’s a thought. Just watch those BTC fees.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by motomania View Post
    -
    . Just watch those BTC fees.
    IKR. Freakin' fees for just about every transfer you make. And l saw a vid or 2 saying BTC transfer times were much longer than ETH or others.

6. Member
    Just got a reply from ShapeShift; the deposit did not confirm within 48 hours; so they are refunding the transfer amount........I’ll update when that takes place too.
    -
    Their website was showing email replies could take 2-3 days.......this took 8, so I was getting a bit concerned. They must be way busier than expected........guess that’s the high rollin’ lifestyle I agreed to when I step into the Wild West that is cryptocurrencies.

7. Banned
    At least you got communication back from them. Surely the crypto will follow shortly. I decided it was too squirrelly for me and held onto my LTC.

8. Member
    Speaking of LTC, what's y'alls thoughts on it ever rebounding? Seems like people have lost faith in it since the main guy sold all of his holdings.

9. Member
    At least you got communication back from them. Surely the crypto will follow shortly. I decided it was too squirrelly for me and held onto my LTC.
    -
    I agree; definitely nice to get communication back........which I’m good with. That’s actually a smart move for these crypto companies; to have a support team available.......well.........at least for minor issues like this one, that can be resolved.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Speaking of LTC, what's y'alls thoughts on it ever rebounding? Seems like people have lost faith in it since the main guy sold all of his holdings.
    That concerns me too. Seems to be creeping back, but very slow.