Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I vote for the Bodyguard, Never had a problem with it at the range. Drop it in my pocket and go.

Quote Originally Posted by psj706 View Post
    A little pricey compared to the two you mentioned but the Sig P938 is a fine weapon.
    I like the Sig and the Kimber just don't want to spend the money on something I hope I never have to use.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

3. Member
    Mine is Sig Sauer p229 40 cal little hard to conceal but it will get the job done.

4. Member
    Check out a Kimber Solo 9mm.

The 380 seems like a girl gun or a purse popper . Need just a little more lead down range. My everyday is a 9mm M&P shield but I recently picked up a springfield XDs 9 single stack and it quite the little booger..

.380 Bodyguard is my favorite everyday carry because it’s so concealable. And all the weapon you need for personal defense when away from home. A single stack 9 will give you a little more knockdown power, but you’re talking about a carry weapon that will be used for instantaneous close quarters service if ever needed. Learn to hit what you’re aiming at, and a .380 will serve the purpose. How many assaults occur from 15 yards away anyway? And beside, I requalify every year on a law enforcement sanctioned course with my Bodyguard, and my Beretta 9.
    Max targeting is 20 yards on a tactical, timed course and neither has ever let me down.
    Going to add either an M&P Shield, or a Springfield Armory XDe to my collection next for in vehicle carry on long trips.
    Last edited by RazorCat; 12-26-2017 at 06:49 AM.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    like many have said the body guard has worse trigger pull i have seen,i bought one they are small and light easy to carry but thats it,i sold it and went and got a sig 238,its about 200.00 more but huge difference in guns,spent the extra dollars, now i wished i would have got the sig 938 (same size in a 9mm) with laser sight
    Last edited by buster502; 12-26-2017 at 07:44 AM.

I had the LCP2 and would recommend it

Original lcp has done what I wanted
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

10. Banned
    I'm happy with my LCP custom effortless to carry no imprint when carried in my front pocket. I like my wife's XD 9mm subcompact double stack alot more for everyday shooting though.

This ones easy: Both are same size, caliber, reliable, etc. The major difference is the trigger. The LCP’s trigger is shorter; the Bodyguard’s is longer. If you shoot striker-fired guns like Glocks, go with the LCP. If you perfer revolver triggers, go with the Bodyguard.

12. Member
    Either will get the job done. Best thing you can do is shoot both and see which one you like. Most people that don't shoot often ie more than once a month cant handle a double action trigger pull under stress. Seen a lot of tough guys miss a full size target at 10-15 feet with just a little stress.

NRA certified instructor for what its worth.

13. Member
    What does Hickok45 have to say:

You couldn’t give me an LCP.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arjone01 View Post
    You couldn’t give me an LCP.
    Why not, if your getting it for free. You could sell it and take the cash to buy some new Lures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Why not, if your getting it for free. You could sell it and take the cash to buy some new Lures.

True! Lol. But I just went through this finding a .380 for my wife. Went to a range and shot it and compare it with a PICO with upgrades trying to decide which was best for her after posting something similar on here last week. Salesman had two New out of box oiled up demos for me to try and the LCP couldn’t get through 25 rounds without fail. He was trying to sell on the Ruger and I was getting frustrated because a simple 30 minute demo turned into 1.5 hours of him going back and forth getting different ammo and going in the back having his guy “tweak” it. I ran 100 rounds through the PICO out of the box with no fail and got really comfortable with it. Same lb trigger pull just a longer draw being double action. Felt really nice. And no doubt she could pull it. Got the information I needed and the last time when he came out and said we could try another off the shelf I said no thanks, I’ve got my info and am ready to buy.

Gave it to her for our Christmas on Friday and she’s ran over 150 rounds through it. Pull is nice and smoother after some break in and she’s shooting great with it.

My advice, don’t listen to many on here as I would’ve made a bad purchase IMO. Go get the guns side by side and shoot them. I have a shield 9mm I live and an older generate XD .40 I throw in my truck from time to time.

This was my experience in trying to find a .380. If you have a great experience with your LCP then great. I too watched the above reviews and cracked up at his statements on the Ruger. “I want to like it more than I actually do”. Lol
    Last edited by arjone01; 12-26-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    What does Hickok45 have to say:

I laughed when he says "if you could just shorten the trigger pull a 1/2", glad to know the issue can be addressed, hadn't watched any of his stuff in a while, thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    That hammerless 38+P is a real jumpy little booger. I carry a SW Shield. Invisible
    Yea Dave I was "advised" not to get the +p for the misses, I have shot them and didn't think it was terrible, but several shops I talked to (most) strongly suggested avoiding them even just shooting .38 loads
    Last edited by m.t.hands; 12-26-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

18. Member
    Couldn't give me another lcp either. Got one for the wife awhile back, put the sweet pea trigger and spring on it after initially trying it and hating it. Still hated it after the upgrades. You better be damn close to bad guy with it unless you want to throw it at him. Ended up getting the Sig P238. Huge difference in performance. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

19. Member
    well to the LCP haters --to each your own ---have had my LCP Custom 3 yrs and never one single issue with it !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by c rig View Post
    2 inch .357? Are you going to shoot .38 or .357? What’s the kick on that thing like?
    I've got 357 already for my Python but I'm experienced shooter so I'll see how it goes but this is a solid weapon . I might get 38's for it .
    Last edited by LTZ25; 12-26-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast